Thread: superglue nigthtmare

superglue nigthtmare

Superglue has seeped into this tilt button, does anyone know where to get a new?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    C5/6 23 years post injury.
    Author of Twisted Consequences

What make/model chair and tilt system?

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    What make/model chair and tilt system?

All the best,
    GJ
    Invacarre Arrow w/ a tilt system made by someone else, I'm having a difficult time finding the name...

looks like REAC

it's probably just a 2 wire/momentary contact switch.
    I'd open it and find out; if it's sealed, I'd cut the wire as close to the switch as possible (power OFF!!), split/pull back insulation, and if two wire, and strip a little insulation off the wires.
    With the chair powered, touching the two wires should activate the function. If all is OK, goggle momentary contact switch and find one that would be a good fit. In the meantime, a doorbell button from Home depot etc will work fine.
    If more than two wires, you'll need to find the original vendor or a wiring diagram or a savvy teck who can figure it out.

REAC is a manufacturer/distributor of electrical actuators, lift and tilt systems, control boxes and hand controls, but from what I see on their website, they are located in Europe. http://www.reac.se/products/lift-tilt-systems/

Do you have a durable medical equipment supplier you can call and ask what kind of switch/controller you have on your chair?

All the best,
    GJ

Probably is an Amy Seating System or a Motion Concepts [owned by Invacare] Seating System.

Contact Paul at Liberty Mobility, he might have one: http://liberty-mobility.myshopify.com/