Thread: Rainboots and rainpants

Red face Rainboots and rainpants

Anyone have suggestions on good rainboots and rainpants for paras? I'm struggling to find ones (boots especially) that are easy to put on and also waterproof.
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Good question. Use a poncho when I have to go out, it covers the joystick and electrics. Not sure if it would work for you pushing yourself. Don't worry much about my feet since I can't feel them. If they do get wet change my slippers when I get home. Are you working outside all day or just need something to throw on to go to the store? This little blow we are having in the Northwest would be a good time to test raingear. These might be easy to get on but not very tall.

http://www.zappos.com/sperry-top-sid...ail_2_sims_sdp
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Thanks KLD, those are all intersting ideas.
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Preinjury I used to have a set of rain gear that went on and off pretty easy. It was some cheap brand that i just happened upon in a cycle shop, oversized black rubber pants and a yellow jacket that you just pulled on over whatever you were wearing. They were both pretty large though as they were designed to go on over an armored motorcycle suit. Not the greatest fashion statement but it would get the job done and the pant legs were wide enough to pull on over a pair of motorcycle boots so you don't have to take off your shoes when you get wherever you're going.

PS:
    I'm sure in the pacific northwest you can go into any decent motorcycle shop and find a plethora of rain gear.

I've never had any rain pants or even water proof, always get soaked. I do have a nice rain jacket that makes all run into my lap though. Living in Texas and now up in Colorado, I haven't had to deal with much rain, but I do have a good pair of Northface waterproof hiking boots I wear for snow/rain and they keep my feet warm.
    Used to be known as TexasWheelz, but lost my email it was connected to and just recently moved to Colorado and trying to spend more time on here again.

If you can keep legs and feet dry may not need boots.

https://us.izcollection.com/collecti...mens-rain-coat

Have the blanket in black and its waterproof. Its much more eazy to put on then boots and pants.

Rolls up in back pack too.

https://us.izcollection.com/collecti...-blanket-khaki

I have one of those blankets. Water resistant but definetly not waterproof. I find it difficult to use.