Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Cushion ???.....

If your friend agrees and hasn't done this himself already, you/he can call ROHO directly and order a "certified" cushion of the exact model cushion for $100. It has 90 days warranty. I've ordered a couple this way and they've held up as well as full priced cushions. Just need the serial# of the friends cushion you've been using.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    If your friend agrees and hasn't done this himself already, you/he can call ROHO directly and order a "certified" cushion of the exact model cushion for $100. It has 90 days warranty. I've ordered a couple this way and they've held up as well as full priced cushions. Just need the serial# of the friends cushion you've been using.
    Chick
    I seriously never knew Roho did such a thing. No wonder I have always been 100% satisfied with their products I have purchased in the past.
    I will inquire about this.
    I can't thank you enough.
    Maybe I'll see you around RIC in the future.

Eddie

Blog Entries
    After hearing your in depth explanation, I would recommend doing as chick suggests and getting a copy of what you know works. Isn't that a low profile quattro anyway? I used a high profile when I took a week long roadtrip WITH a wound vac on the pressure sore. That was in 2004 before I discovered I had osteomyelitis, that was the cause of my wound never healing. After all that was over, and the final surgery done, I never had any problems again. You have to be careful with them, as you know well! Check ebay if you can save a few bucks, but for all the things with a pressure sore, I wouldn't hesitate to drop money if I couldn't find one cheaper on ebay.
    Another very important item, what you put into your body determines what you get out of it, I was a long term vegan then, and have returned to being one a little over a year ago. If I had eaten the standard western diet, I wouldn't be here today.

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Chick
    I seriously never knew Roho did such a thing. No wonder I have always been 100% satisfied with their products I have purchased in the past.
    I will inquire about this.
    I can't thank you enough.
    Maybe I'll see you around RIC in the future.
    Eddie
    <edit>

Even with the same user, they won't change the specs of the cushion, since then it will be a new cushion that may require a new Dr. order. E.g. I wanted to go from 8x8 to 7x8 and they wouldn't without new Rx.

The bad: doesn't include cover.

The good thing: they deliver FAST since they are in Illinois!

Hope it works out and your bum heals asap!
    Last edited by chick; 10-14-2016 at 05:25 PM. Reason: just in case

Hey cap0 ...u and your eBay!

Glad to hear your sores are history too ... I remember your ordeal too.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    After hearing your in depth explanation, I would recommend doing as chick suggests and getting a copy of what you know works. Isn't that a low profile quattro anyway? I used a high profile when I took a week long roadtrip WITH a wound vac on the pressure sore. That was in 2004 before I discovered I had osteomyelitis, that was the cause of my wound never healing. After all that was over, and the final surgery done, I never had any problems again. You have to be careful with them, as you know well! Check ebay if you can save a few bucks, but for all the things with a pressure sore, I wouldn't hesitate to drop money if I couldn't find one cheaper on ebay.
    Another very important item, what you put into your body determines what you get out of it, I was a long term vegan then, and have returned to being one a little over a year ago. If I had eaten the standard western diet, I wouldn't be here today.
    Forgot to mention I also did 40 treatments in a row of hyperberic oxygen therapy. I cleared my osteomyelitis but not enough to completely heal my sores.

I kind of figured that's how it would work. They keep a current customer of their product happy and a newer one can be also but would pay full price for the product.
    Thanks

Roho Mosaic can find it on ebay for $70-85, best affordable roho cushion.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    I've been using the same 2inch thick memory foam pad since 2002. NEVER had an issue as vehicle seats tend to distribute your weight better than wheelchairs. I am 6'2" and weigh about 125lbs., skin and bones lol. I had major issues with pressure sore years ago. I drive long distances and even camp/sleep overnight in my vehicles, without problems. When I go out on a cold morning, it is hard as a rock but quickly warms after your butt gets on it. Get the higher density ones, they are rated by lbs density like mattresses. My neice found it for me waaaay back when she was touring a tempur-pedic factory for college, they gave it to her for free after she piped up and said my uncle needs one of those. I also used it on my handcycle for about a month, until I got caught in a thunderstorm/downpour for a couple hours. I used rohos after that for handcycles. Rain did not harm it in any way. I have long since wore away the cover that came with it and just the thin cotton mesh covers it for the last few years. WHEN I think of it, I bring it in in winter, as I can hear the skin grinding on my bony butt when I first hop on it. I used to worry about it at first, took a mirror and checked my butt after varying length drives in the beginning. No redness ever showed up.
    I am anal about protecting my butt too, pardon the pun

If you remember Nick, I'm the one that had posted pictures of my 4 year saga with a tunneling wound on my butt, many failed flap surgeries, wound vac, osteomyelitis, etc. From 2004 to 2007. With the seats extending under your legs farther and the reclining positions of the seat back, I surmised this is why this works so well. I used a 2 chamber 4 inch roho through that ordeal though.
    Where can I get the memory foam from?

Might check with the local medical equipment rental shop. Bought a basic used rental return RoHo with cover for $80.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete