Thread: Mitrofanoff procedure what should I expect?

Mitrofanoff procedure what should I expect?

hello everyone I am new to care cure I have spinal bifida and MS neurogenic bladder I have done some googling to figure out what to expect but it is all for children? I am an adult who at this time has a supra pubic catheter

Does it hurt to catheterise a Mitrofanoff? my surgery is nov 21st

Most of us on this forum for those with spinal cord injury will not have the same experience you are having with spina bifida. That said, just wondering why you are considering a Mitrofanoff procedure when you already have a supra pubic in place?

All the best.
    GJ

Smile thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Most of us on this forum for those with spinal cord injury will not have the same experience you are having with spina bifida. That said, just wondering why you are considering a Mitrofanoff procedure when you already have a supra pubic in place?

All the best.
    GJ
    hey thanks for the reply, I had had my SP tube for 10 years and I still deal with constant utis I don't think my spinal injury in 2009 is as bad as most, but my doctor suggested would be easier way to cath myself since I have limited dexterity. he had stated it would be safest to try this and get rid of an indwelling catheter I get very sick with these utis I almost went into septic shock last month. bladder spasms push my cath out even though I try every ant spasmatic medication
    I think it would also be nice to not deal with a bag anymore so I can wear what I've been longing to wear for ages