Thread: bladder spams

bladder spams

what causes these no uti had a bladder test 172 be fore leaking which they said was good see dr Friday

losing my confidence to go out go for a month dry now 2 days in a row wet so frustrated

When your spinal cord was injured, the nerves that send signals to the brain that the bladder is full and needs to be emptied were also injured or the pathways interrupted. The spasms are caused by these interrupted signals. The first line of treatment is to take an anticholinergic medication like oxybutynin. When the anticholinergic medications are not enough or when side effects are difficult, injections of Botox into the bladder walls can help. This procedure needs to be repeated about every 6-9 months.

How do you manage your bladder? Have you had recent urodynamics testing?

All the best,
    GJ

My question is how do you manage your bladder presently? Intermittent catheterization? Agree with gjnl above that anticholinergic medication can help with your bladder spasms by relaxing the bladder (which is a muscle) responding to irregular nerve signals --> spasm.

pbr

Botox injections on the inside of the bladder will help reduce the spasms as well.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

Quote Originally Posted by DaDutchman View Post
    Botox injections on the inside of the bladder will help reduce the spasms as well.
    no botox ever ever no way in hell but to answer sp and I had that test last week 172 was leak point everything is good see dr tomorrow also changed to ducett cathe

after 16 years now I leak every so often I want to go see new grandson but afraid to fly until thid is mastered

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    no botox ever ever no way in hell but ...
    What's wrong with Botox injections?
    DaDutchman

Quote Originally Posted by DaDutchman View Post
    What's wrong with Botox injections?
    a form of botulism no way I try that my mare got botulism we had too put her down at shepherd 2 people came in paralyzed from botix gone wrong its a horrible thing I am not taking any chances with that

tks just me

That's interesting because I've Botox injections in my right shoulder blade area to try and help a muscle relax. It didn't provide complete relief, but it did provide some. So far I'm very happy with the results after having the injections in the bladder.
    DaDutchman

Medical Botox injections are a good deal different than an animal acquiring botulism by ingesting vegetation that is contaminated with the botulinum toxin (such as decaying hay or grain) or through direct contact with soil that contains the bacteria.

Human Botox injections for the various FDA approved purposes are under 300 units. Toxic levels of injection for human would be about 2800 units.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Medical Botox injections are a good deal different than an animal acquiring botulism by ingesting vegetation that is contaminated with the botulinum toxin (such as decaying hay or grain) or through direct contact with soil that contains the bacteria.

Human Botox injections for the various FDA approved purposes are under 300 units. Toxic levels of injection for human would be about 2800 units.

All the best,

GJ
    I understand but i just can not for me