Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epidural spinal cord stimulation clinical trial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Epidural spinal cord stimulation clinical trial

Last edited by Qu4dFiVe; 10-10-2016 at 05:04 PM.

That's really great. Mayo Clinic is doing it and I haven't heard it before and nobody talked about that here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    That's really great. Mayo Clinic is doing it and I haven't heard it before and nobody talked about that here. Thanks.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1784013

Kendall H. Lee, MD, PhD, is a consultant and Professor in the Departments of Neurologic Surgery, Physiology and Biomedical Engineering, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic, as well as Director of the Mayo Clinic Neural Engineering Laboratories, and an honorary professor in the School of Psychology at Deakin University, Geelong, Australia. He will be presenting at Working 2 Walk 2016 at 11:15AM on October 28th.

Blog Links

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1784013

Kendall H. Lee, MD, PhD, is a consultant and Professor in the Departments of Neurologic Surgery, Physiology and Biomedical Engineering, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic, as well as Director of the Mayo Clinic Neural Engineering Laboratories, and an honorary professor in the School of Psychology at Deakin University, Geelong, Australia. He will be presenting at Working 2 Walk 2016 at 11:15AM on October 28th.

Blog Links
    My bad. I read so much that I get confused with which company is doing what. They were off my radar. They are a great company.

Thanks Grammy and you are unbelievable with the knowledge you have.

Mayo Clinic seeks research participants

Mayo Clinic is seeking volunteers who have a spinal cord injury to participate in research. Research opportunities exist for people of various ages, mobility and type of spinal cord injury.

If you or your loved one is interested in learning more about spinal cord injury research opportunities at Mayo Clinic, please do the following:
    leave a phone message at 507-284-2491
    or
    send an email to SCIRehabResearch@mayo.edu

Thank you

Principal Investigator: Dr. Melissa Morrow (507)284-2491
    This participant recruitment method has been approved by the Mayo Clinic Institutional Review Board (866) 273-4681.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Two people now have tried to email SCIRehabResearch@mayo.edu and have received an error back. We are unsure why. When tested, it is working for us. Please leave a message on the phone number and we will call back within 2 business days. If you prefer email you can leave your email on the message or private message us. Please continue to let us know if you get errors for the email, it will help us fix the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience!
    -Mayo Clinic Rehab Research Team

Quote Originally Posted by RehabilitationResearch View Post
    Mayo Clinic is seeking volunteers who have a spinal cord injury to participate in research. Research opportunities exist for people of various ages, mobility and type of spinal cord injury.

If you or your loved one is interested in learning more about spinal cord injury research opportunities at Mayo Clinic, please do the following:
    leave a phone message at 507-284-2491
    or
    send an email to SCIRehabResearch@mayo.edu

Thank you

Principal Investigator: Dr. Melissa Morrow (507)284-2491
    This participant recruitment method has been approved by the Mayo Clinic Institutional Review Board (866) 273-4681.

This is awesome and exciting! Hoping more volunteers who have a spinal cord injury will contact Mayo Clinic so they can keep on researching.

See the exclusion criteria on that? Like, good luck finding many!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    See the exclusion criteria on that? Like, good luck finding many!
    I think I fit the bill, except for osteo, IF I understand all the double negatives and other mumbo-jumbo
    too bad it is in MN and I can't afford to move. That's the thing about clinical trials...they cost a BUNCH and the participants have to be independently wealthy so they can move/hang out for an extended stay. This is ONE of the reasons I never pay attention to the CURE aspect of our world. I am always up for being a guinea pig(within reason/no poisons) mobility wise, but ain't much happenin' in my neck-0-de-w00dz

Also, this started a long time ago and they are looking for only TWO!
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 10-12-2016 at 12:22 AM. Reason: I felt like jumping up and down, but settled for editing instead. I'm flexible like dat...

Some really cool things happening in research, including this trial. Wow!