Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found Cure Care

Found Cure Care

Found this site a couple days ago. First thought was...there is some messed up shit going on here.

As I read more it made me feel small...very small.

What a roller coaster. Did not think had this many tears left in me. Laughed so hard thought my cath was going to shoot out my belly.

Read thru some of the 5 star threads...where do you guys keep the heavy reading?

It is a privilege to be among you.

T
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Welcome to CareCure. I see from your profile that you appear to be at a loss for what to do with yourself, and that you are less than a year post-injury. How old are you? What did you do before your injury (work? school?)? Have you considered going back to work or back to school? Are you involved in any wheelchair sports or other exercise programs? What gets you out of bed every morning now?

(KLD)

Turned 55 this year...man that is a lot of candles. Worked 28 yrs in IT for the phone company. Not sure what the future holds for me. I think about it everyday almost 2 yrs post injury. Admit I enjoy not being responsible at this stage. School? Maybe for fun but not for a vocation.

What gets you out of bed every morning now? Great question! A caregiver usually gets me out of bed. Sincerely...never thought about not getting out of bed. I am messed up and broken...not dead. A product of a German farm girl. Breakfast used to be my favorite meal. Unless the Grim Reaper comes knocking again am definitely going to laugh out loud at some point during the day. That guy really bums me out. Probably gonna listen to some JJ Cale too. Lately seem to be surprised by something almost everyday...I look forward to it.

Why am I here? Found this site while searching for info on a van issue. Been feeling better (finally) and thinking about taking a swing at being more independent and moving out of assisted living facility. The people here (CC not the ALF) make me feel more motivated...can I say inspired

Todd
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Hey Todd, welcome to CC! You will find lots of good people and advice here. This site saved me 12 years ago when my son was injured. This is still the first place I visit when I have a question about ANYTHING! Again, welcome!

Thxs Mombo.

Questions...hummm. Here is one. What would you (members) like to tell an sci who just joined this site? The do's and don'ts of posting here. For example...Don't call me/us "inspirational". You know...what chafes you. What kind of post makes you smile.

Never thought of myself as an extrovert but I am interested in the people here. Even the morbid ones. Not a novel but some snippet about yourselves. Like who would have ever thought I would have a bromance with a 90yr old Jew? Not me, but I do. Assisted Living Facility can be a fascinating place. Maybe I am a dork like that.

Other questions...Who do I need to watch out for on here? What was the "old" CareCure like? BTW appreciate no one bashing me over calling this site CureCare instead of CareCure. Is this community still alive (beyond the obvious incredible amount of knowledge and resources available here) or is everyone burnt out on failed treatments and disappointments?

I dont have any rights except what you all grant me and have not paid my dues here. If I am being an insensitive prick then tell me so. Will try to be gracious but underneath I love me some good swearing...and name calling although I understand why that can not be tolerated.

Think my disability has given me a deeper appreciation for other people. Why do I make excuses for people who really deserve a good ass kickin? Maybe I am finally growing up. Okay thanks for listening. If you don't think I am being to selfish, Comeback pls.

Or did you mean questions about sci?

T

ps. Feel free to ask me anything you like. Have shit myself in public so dont worry about offending or embarrassing me.
    T5/6 complete

Welcome Todd. The club nobody wants to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Welcome Todd. The club nobody wants to join!
    True That Sister.
    T5/6 complete

Blog Entries
    Turned 53 this year, 20+ as a t4 complete. Get back to living brother, no need in caregivers at your level. Read up on this site to learn to care for yourself and take care of yourself, two separate but equal things. You must not have had the benefit of a good rehab center to teach you what all you CAN accomplish with adaptation and ingenuity. I've worked many trades in my life and taught a few. At one time I was a subcontractor to a few cable tv companies in Houston, TX. I've climbed my share of poles, skinned one BAD, and once had to do a 6 pole hit to get the cables to a big house and walked the phone wire while holding the cable wire BETWEEN the poles, 2 sets, because of the undergrowth made it impossible any other way, lol. I had a street full of people watching that one! Disappointed them though, I didn't fall

Hi I think we were hurt within a month or two of each other. I am C3 incomplete 12/20/2014. It's taking me a while to get the computer understood, I'm still a work in progress

Welcome aboard!
    Your irreverence is appropriate and appreciated.
    I'm T12, 21 years. Your intention to get more independent is quite a good plan!
    Trust me, it WILL get better as long as you choose to stay in the game.