Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Frame Quickie Gt

Broken Frame Quickie Gt

I just broke my Quickie GT center bar right behind where the shock mounts. Is this covered under warranty? I also do not do business with the company I purchased the chair from in 2012 anymore. If it is in fact covered would I go right through Sunrise Medical?
    TIA M
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

i would call sunrise and ask what you need to do. do you have a back up chair? if its under warranty they should cover it. do you still have the same insurance that approved the chair? also it depends on the insurance compony on what you need to do.

Blog Entries
    It's less than 5 years old so the frame warranty should still be in effect. I didn't know the GT had a shock, but whatever, call Sunrise medical and ask about making a warranty claim! You shouldn't need to deal with the DME for warranty claim.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I'm in Canada but was made to go through my DME ... Quickie wouldn't deal with me directly.

Does TiLite because that's looking like my next chair?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I'm in Canada but was made to go through my DME ... Quickie wouldn't deal with me directly.

That sucks. Yes, TiLite requires users to go through DME for everyh
    thing. I didn't know Sunrise/Quickie was similar. That typically causes issues for us.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    i would call sunrise and ask what you need to do. do you have a back up chair? if its under warranty they should cover it. do you still have the same insurance that approved the chair? also it depends on the insurance compony on what you need to do.
    No I don;t have a backup so to speak have an electric chair but no lift. Still have same insurance company, have an email to them.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

I broke the frame of my Quickie GT last year where the caster post connects to the down tube and while the frame damage was "covered" by Sunrise, the only way to get it serviced was to take all components off the frame and ship it to California. This was all to be done at the owners' expense with no guarantee that the work would actually be covered if they determined the damage occurred due to "misuse". I ended up using JB Weld to epoxy the pieces back together until I could order a replacement chair under insurance since the cost of shipping the frame each way was not worth it to me (especially because at the time I did not have a backup chair).

My experience with TiSport/TiLite.

My first experience with TiSport now TiLite, my 'chair frame cracked at the the rear horizontal tube at the the bolt hole for the folding back. I called TiLite directly. They asked me if I had an extra 'chair to use meanwhile. I replied, "Yes!" They FedEx a box overnight to me and told me to remove everything down to the bare frame. The FedEx guy dropped the box off. I put the frame in box and FedEx guy tapped it and shipped to TiLite. I got a new frame about two and half weeks later.

The only thing I didn't like was they put the old parts back on the new frame and it looked like a Maaco paint job!

If a frame cracks the entire 'chair should be replaced. Now that's a warranty!

TiLite, step up to plate and be the FIRST in the industry to have a warranty like this.

I was told there were impurities in the titanium but the new 'chair had titanium washers welded around the holes to re-enforce the holes.

I am a designer by vocation and the way it was corrected there were no impurities in the titanium.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    My first experience with TiSport now TiLite, my 'chair frame cracked at the the rear horizontal tube at the the bolt hole for the folding back. I called TiLite directly. They asked me if I had an extra 'chair to use meanwhile. I replied, "Yes!" They FedEx a box overnight to me and told me to remove everything down to the bare frame. The FedEx guy dropped the box off. I put the frame in box and FedEx guy tapped it and shipped to TiLite. I got a new frame about two and half weeks later.

The only thing I didn't like was they put the old parts back on the new frame and it looked like a Maaco paint job!

If a frame cracks the entire 'chair should be replaced. Now that's a warranty!

TiLite, step up to plate and be the FIRST in the industry to have a warranty like this.

I was told there were impurities in the titanium but the new 'chair had titanium washers welded around the holes to re-enforce the holes.

I am a designer by vocation and the way it was corrected there were no impurities in the titanium.

Ti
    mine cracked on both sides just like your but I did not have extra chair we used hose clamps to hold together it was 6weeks but we had to tear chair apart but on new frame also fyi my chair was made 2001 sept replace 2015 may

I went thru charlotte at sportaide with tilite