Thread: J2 cushion exploded

Angry J2 cushion exploded

I have had the same seat for over five years. The gel now has leaked out. I'm concerned about pressure relief. Has anyone dealt with this before and ideas on how to get a quick solution?

My DME is slow as molasses.

ottobock Cloud with Floam

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    I have had the same seat for over five years. The gel now has leaked out. I'm concerned about pressure relief. Has anyone dealt with this before and ideas on how to get a quick solution?

I used Jay cushions for many years when I first got injured in 1987. I alway had them burst open too many times. My insurance company required me to get a wheelchair evaluation before they would approve a new 'chair for me. That's when I introduced to ottobock Cloud with Floam. It is made up of 16 jell cells for protection. If one bursts open you just replace the one cell.

http://www.ottobockus.com/accessorie...-cushions.html

This is a better cushion than the J2.

I have been using ottobock cushions for over 20 years now with only two or three cell bursting open during that time. New they run about $450.00, ebay $175.00. Your insurance coverage?

Ti
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 10-05-2016 at 07:36 PM.
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post

Just order one from the cheapest online source. Then get a prescription for "replace J2 cushion" from whatever doctor you use and submit it to insurance. I got reimbursed the couple times I went though insurance for a new cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Just order one from the cheapest online source. Then get a prescription for "replace J2 cushion" from whatever doctor you use and submit it to insurance. I got reimbursed the couple times I went though insurance for a new cushion.
    Chaz19 may not have Medicare as primary insurance, but if your primary insurance is Medicare, it doesn't work like that. Just a heads up.

All the best,
    GJ

I got booted into Medicare. Ugg. Sticking w/J only because I have some level of trust. I lost about a tennis ball sized amount of gel. Still sitting on the same seat, ordered another seat and should have it by Friday. How concerned should I be about pressure relief. Paranoia, fear and concern is setting in. Have you guys worked with busted pressure relief cushions?

My DME has been atrocious and costing me considerable amounts of money. Unfortunately, there's no choice in my area.

have you tried varilite cushions. no gel to bust. i used jay cushions for along time and had the same problem. maybe time to try a different cushion?

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    I used Jay cushions for many years when I first got injured in 1987. I alway had them burst open too many times. My insurance company required me to get a wheelchair evaluation before they would approve a new 'chair for me. That's when I introduced to ottobock Cloud with Floam. It is made up of 16 jell cells for protection. If one bursts open you just replace the one cell.

http://www.ottobockus.com/accessorie...-cushions.html

This is a better cushion than the J2.

I have been using ottobock cushions for over 20 years now with only two or three cell bursting open during that time. New they run about $450.00, ebay $175.00. Your insurance coverage?

Ti
    I use ROHO Quadtro Seat Cushion. But, my backrest I have on my Edge for last 3 or 4 years I think is call Back 4 by Ottobock with Floam cells. Best back ever had and so many combinations of cells to accommodate support of back is GREAT! You might talk with your seating folks about these items.