Thread: Is Kate or anyone else here attending working 2 walk 2016 this month in MN?

Is Kate or anyone else here attending working 2 walk 2016 this month in MN?

I've been out of the loop (mostly) for the last few years, checking in sporadically on progress since 2010-2011 (when I was more active).

However this would be on the tail end of a work trip so I cam considering going for Friday afternoon and Saturday (can't get there for the Friday morning start, unfortunately).

Anyone else going from the forum I can sit with and help me get up to date?

I spent today reading through most of the recent links here in the cure section and it sounds like this should be an interesting conference.

Thanks!
    C4 incomplete April 26, 2009

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

I will be getting there Friday evening and will be there all day Saturday, so I couldn't help you get up to speed on Friday unfortunately. PM me if you'd like to meet up anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by maglito View Post
    Anyone else going from the forum I can sit with and help me get up to date?
    I spent today reading through most of the recent links here in the cure section and it sounds like this should be an interesting conference.

Thanks!
    Yes, Kate said she has registered to be there. Here's a link to the Overviews.

This may be a shotty question but... Is anybody expecting anything good out of this years W2W? I need some good news.

Alright, I'm registered. I should arrive around 3pm Friday and need to head to the airport around 3:30pm Saturday.

I got the 2 bed room at the Radison Blue if anyone wants to split a room last minute PM me (plan to do my BP the night before, so should be good).

Looking forward meeting Kate, tomsonite and many of the other members and researchers I've been reading about all these years.

I'll be the trim 6'1" ~37 year old, C4 Asia C/D, married guy alone with a 5 o'clock shadow beard, a large guardian walker (likely leaning on it heavily) with probably a black bag hanging over one or both sides. If you see me, say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    This may be a shotty question but... Is anybody expecting anything good out of this years W2W? I need some good news.
    Progress happening all the time (along with some set backs too). But, focus on the positive and always ask what you can do to help.
    That's my philosophy. I know even with a crazy breakthrough today we are probably looking probably around 10 years until anything good is FDA approved so I'm not holding my breath as I won't be signing up for any early trials.

In 2010-2011 when i was active on these forums I came to the conclusion that if we were lucky a non-perfect cure (non-mechanical, somewhat neurologically restorative procedure) was probably 25-30 years out (just in time for my retirement). I intend to gauge for myself if I think 5 years of progress has been made and I can confidently estimate that optimistically we are 20-25 years from something good* being FDA cleared.

I also should soon be in a place where I can modestly start financially supporting SCI curative research again and want to see where to place my own small contributions. I personally believe what Dr Wise Young said: that it is every person's responsibility to find a way to give (or have someone give on their behalf) a dollar a day to whatever research group or groups we find most worthy.

Looking forward to meeting engaged members of this community later this month!
    C4 incomplete April 26, 2009

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by maglito View Post
    Alright, I'm registered. I should arrive around 3pm Friday and need to head to the airport around 3:30pm Saturday.

I got the 2 bed room at the Radison Blue if anyone wants to split a room last minute PM me (plan to do my BP the night before, so should be good).

Looking forward meeting Kate, tomsonite and many of the other members and researchers I've been reading about all these years.

I'll be the trim 6'1" ~37 year old, C4 Asia C/D, married guy alone with a 5 o'clock shadow beard, a large guardian walker (likely leaning on it heavily) with probably a black bag hanging over one or both sides. If you see me, say hi!

Progress happening all the time (along with some set backs too). But, focus on the positive and always ask what you can do to help.
    That's my philosophy. I know even with a crazy breakthrough today we are probably looking probably around 10 years until anything good is FDA approved so I'm not holding my breath as I won't be signing up for any early trials.

In 2010-2011 when i was active on these forums I came to the conclusion that if we were lucky a non-perfect cure (non-mechanical, somewhat neurologically restorative procedure) was probably 25-30 years out (just in time for my retirement). I intend to gauge for myself if I think 5 years of progress has been made and I can confidently estimate that optimistically we are 20-25 years from something good* being FDA cleared.

I also should soon be in a place where I can modestly start financially supporting SCI curative research again and want to see where to place my own small contributions. I personally believe what Dr Wise Young said: that it is every person's responsibility to find a way to give (or have someone give on their behalf) a dollar a day to whatever research group or groups we find most worthy.

Looking forward to meeting engaged members of this community later this month!
    I'm so happy that you will be there and helping the community out!

For those following along, Working 2 Walk in Minneapolis will have live tweets at the following hashtag... #working2walk16