Thread: Folding shower wheelchair

Folding shower wheelchair

I found this and like the concept and super simple assembly and disasembly.

I use a MultiChair for travel which is great but nowhere as simple as this appears.

It does not to be height adjustable.

I looked at this at a conference recently. The cushion is, in my mind, not sufficient padding for someone with a SCI. It also does not have any easy way to reach under the seat to do manual removal or dig stim from any direction except the front of the seat. No opening in the back, and not enough room to get your hand underneath the seat from the side. As you say, it is not height adjustable, nor does it come in different widths. Would also be difficult to self-propel for someone with limited hand function. 220 lb. weight capacity, and only a seat width of less than 15". $1800-2100.

www.seatara.com

http://www.medicaleshop.com/seatara-...ode-chair.html

(KLD)

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Nor will it fit over a toilet.
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Just because you mentioned that the cushion does not provide enough padding, what is your top recommendations for padding in regards toilet seats etc. thank you as always.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I looked at this at a conference recently. The cushion is, in my mind, not sufficient padding for someone with a SCI. It also does not have any easy way to reach under the seat to do manual removal or dig stim from any direction except the front of the seat. No opening in the back, and not enough room to get your hand underneath the seat from the side. As you say, it is not height adjustable, nor does it come in different widths. Would also be difficult to self-propel for someone with limited hand function. 220 lb. weight capacity, and only a seat width of less than 15". $1800-2100.

www.seatara.com

http://www.medicaleshop.com/seatara-...ode-chair.html

(KLD)

Good shower/commodes have a built in cushion that is sufficient, but we will often add on a Roho commode seat cushion for our clients who are recovering from a pressure ulcer or flap surgery, and so at higher risk.

(KLD)

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Do you have a solution, for getting a roho with a cut Out? Or some other solutions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Good shower/commodes have a built in cushion that is sufficient, but we will often add on a Roho commode seat cushion for our clients who are recovering from a pressure ulcer or flap surgery, and so at higher risk.

(KLD)