Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Wings for Life - Supported research

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Personally they don't support my favourite projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    From the map they have, it appears they are funding 137 projects, broken up into 7 different categories...
    Why are none of them "your favorite"? What aren't they funding that you wish they would?
    Did your favorite projects apply to them for grant funding?

  2. #12
    What are we debating here? I just asked what people here thaugt.

    How the heck would I know if they applied. Also they could actively contact projects with great potential. Don't know if they do.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    What are we debating here? I just asked what people here thaugt.

    How the heck would I know if they applied. Also they could actively contact projects with great potential. Don't know if they do.
    Not debating a thing. (But an organization mission statement isn't a slogan). You posted that your favorite projects are not funded.

    We're just left wondering why you're not answering the question on what these favorite project(s) are that you want funded by W4L. How the heck would we know which projects you consider as having great potential if you don't answer the question?

    If they're doing international grant calls to the SCI research community and have funding given to 137 projects, why would someone donate their time searching the globe for other project(s) that may never have bothered to fill out an application? Just curious on that...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-30-2016 at 11:07 PM.

  4. #14
    I really don't know what you are going for here. You scrutinize everything I write like the difference between a slogan and a stated mission. Why it matters if I quoted the slogan or stated mission I don't know. Their mission: Spinal cord injuries must become curable. I still don't think a trial on pneumonia or neuropathic pain fits that. Do you?

    Can you please show me the 53 funded clinical trials on regeneration?

    Ok you go on about my favourites. My favourites doesn't matter. But I think a lot of people would want them to support clinical trials aimed at regeneration. If they don't apply, stop wasting the money on pneumonia/pain/acute monitoring etc.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    I really don't know what you are going for here. You scrutinize everything I write like the difference between a slogan and a stated mission. Why it matters if I quoted the slogan or stated mission I don't know. Their mission: Spinal cord injuries must become curable. I still don't think a trial on pneumonia or neuropathic pain fits that. Do you?

    Yes, if someone with SCI has neuropathic pain or reoccurring pneumonia they would be pretty happy if someone found a way to get it stopped. I'm not sure what part of this complex injury you view as worthy of funding and what isn't. If the cord isn't regenerating, there shouldn't be any funded studies from here on out?

    Can you please show me the 53 funded clinical trials on regeneration?

    I didn't say there were 53 clinical trials available to fund. This is what I said below.

    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post

    http://www.wingsforlife.com/en/research/#research-projects


    I think my computer loaded 53 funded projects under the "regeneration" category. Many of these basic studies would be relevant to both chronic and acute injury.

    Ok you go on about my favourites. My favourites doesn't matter. But I think a lot of people would want them to support clinical trials aimed at regeneration. If they don't apply, stop wasting the money on pneumonia/pain/acute monitoring etc.

    Of course people would like to support clinical trials aimed at regeneration. Unfortunately regeneration of the CNS has proven to be pretty elusive over the past decades but there's many research labs still trying to make it happen. I don't think it's necessary to shut down all SCI research studies just because they haven't had luck with regenerating the cord and humans made to be 100% again.
    ..

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY
    Yes, if someone with SCI has neuropathic pain or reoccurring pneumonia they would be pretty happy if someone found a way to get it stopped. I'm not sure what part of this complex injury you view as worthy of funding and what isn't. If the cord isn't regenerating, there shouldn't be any funded studies from here on out?


    Well it's great that they study it. However, that is not what WoL say is their mission. That doesn't fit: Spinal cord injuries must become curable.


    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY
    Of course people would like to support clinical trials aimed at regeneration. Unfortunately regeneration of the CNS has proven to be pretty elusive over the past decades but there's many research labs still trying to make it happen. I don't think it's necessary to shut down all SCI research studies just because they haven't had luck with regenerating the cord and humans made to be 100% again.

    100%?? What are you talking about? Who said that?
    Shut down because they haven't had luck with regenerating the cord? Well, I don't think they're trying either.
    Nobody said to shut anything down, just whether WoL should fund it.

    This is what they claim: 100% of your donation will go to the most promising research projects around the world to help regenerate the injured spinal cord.
    We both have a right to have an opinion on what research is important. But if they say:
    100% of your donation will go to the most promising research projects around the world to help regenerate the injured spinal cord.
    Then that should be the case.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

  7. #17
    Ok, epic fail. Nobody has successfully regenerated a spinal cord for cure. The disclosure I read on the bottom black footer of every page on their website says

    100% of all donations fund life-changing spinal cord research projects

    http://www.wingsforlife.com/en/faq/

    (which is apparently why they have funded 137 SCI projects) Hopefully your favorite projects will apply for future funding.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 10-01-2016 at 07:36 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Grammy, would you please stop having conversations with Void? Void has a desire to make statements without anyone else's input. I guess you could call his posts "press releases".

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Grammy, would you please stop having conversations with Void?
    ok

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Grammy, would you please stop having conversations with Void? Void has a desire to make statements without anyone else's input. I guess you could call his posts "press releases".
    Please back up that statement.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Similar Threads

  1. Wings for Life World Run
    By Gordy1 in forum Spinal Cord Injury News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 05:38 AM
  2. wings for life
    By lollypop in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 07:26 AM
  3. Red Bull-backed Wings For Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation Comes To America
    By manouli in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 12:00 AM
  4. Wings for Life
    By hapahouli in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 10:47 PM
  5. Wings for Life
    By hank in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 06:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •