Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair backpack

Wheelchair backpack

I need a new backpack for my C500 Permobil. Any suggestions?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

248 views and nobody can offer a recommendation? Seriously? Nobody uses a backpack they're happy with?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I've been using "Quickie backpack" for over 15 years. I notice they have redesigned and taken off open side pockets. I like them and use for cell phone, water bottle, etc, can get at it just by reaching to sides and not having to take backpack off of chair. I use it on a manual rigid frame. Probably the best feature is that it is made to go on a wheelchair. Straps are adjustable and you can get it to hold quite a bit in terms of volume.
    I am not usually a big fan of Quickie products but these (I've got a couple of them off eBay,etc) work very well for me.

Google search "[Quickie backpack" has several vendors here's one:
    http://www.caremedicalsource.com/Shop/Quickie-Backpack

Here is another , in the reviews a person voices same dissatisfaction with removal of side pouches, since the ones I have all have side pouches I can't vouch 100% for newer model...
    http://www.indemedical.com/Quickie-W...ks_p_3016.html
    Last edited by ChesBay; 10-01-2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: eta /info

Blog Entries
    When I have occasion to use a backpack I prefer to use a LoPro camera bag. I have one that is talk but narrow, fits between the back wheels really nicely. Not an incredible amount of storage, but adequate for my occasional needs. It's called Fastpack.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Thanks guys!

Ches, I use a quickie now but it's worn out, and I too hate that they removed the side pockets. Uggg. I have been looking for the perfect pack but just ave not found it yet.

Odd, I never thought of a camera big. I'll look at them more closely.

I don't know if they make them anymore. But, I have an Adaptable Designs wheelchair day pack. I love it. Very roomy for a lot of things I have to carry around, and even has a compartment for a water bottle.
    Samantha

For years I used the Quickie backpack but I finally got a Thule Crossover 30 liter. It's very expensive, over $100, but it lasts forever. It has two side pockets you can use for a water bottle. I keep a water bottle on one side and my glasses case in the other. It's tough and very well built but I haven't yet found any backpack that's easy to open or close easily one handed. I struggle everyday getting things out of the bag. In fact I keep the large compartment partially unzipped so I can quickly get in and out of it. No bag is perfect but after so many bags over the years, this is the best one I've used.

I am in a manual chair so don't know if what works on that would work on a power chair. That being said, I love my backpack: http://www.goruck.com/gr2-multicam-/p/GEAR-000684

I have the 34L one, and full up when I am traveling it is perfect for 3 days worth of all the stuff I need. It is really well built, but a tad bit expensive.

I use an REI Flash 22 Pack, an older version of this: https://www.rei.com/product/892204/rei-flash-22-pack

I like the fact that it's lightweight, that it has a lid as opposed to just a cinch tie, that the wide (but not bulky) mesh straps are easy on my back upholstery and easy to slide a hand under to get the pack off, that it has reflective stripes and that my version has mesh side pockets that are easy to get a water bottle in and out of and ladder loops for hanging small stuff off of with carabiners.

I use a manual chair.