Thread: Your pillow for head that doesn't hurt ears

Blog Entries

Your pillow for head that doesn't hurt ears

Over the last 9 yrs I have tried numerous types of pillows, including foam and feather. After a few weeks on each type, my ears start hurting like they are going to get pressure sores. I sleep about 4hrs on each side and sometimes even all 8 hrs on one side. When we have traveled I notice that hotel pillows don't bother my ears, but then again they all feel great for a few weeks. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have that same issue.
    "Its not about being right. It's about getting it right."
    Joe Dumars

Pillows are just a huge problem for everyone, no matter your situation and so very peculiar to every individual. My AB (able bodied) wife struggles with pillows that are comfortable. I (C6/7 complete) struggle with pillows that are comfortable. Clearly no one pillow works for everyone and you need to change them out so very often. You can't expect a pillow to last as long as your mattress. Pillows probably have the biggest impact on our sleep comfort, but we spend a whole lot more time and money on our mattress selection than our pillow selection.

I can tell you that in my wife's and my experience "MY PILLOW" (as frequently advertised on television)is a piece of _____! It smells, it turns every pillow cover yellow, it isn't comfortable, and in my experience, they don't honor their money back guarantee.

Still looking for a pillow that works.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-28-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Pillows are just a huge problem for everyone, no matter your situation and so very peculiar to every individual. My AB (able bodied) wife struggles with pillows that are comfortable. I (C6/7 complete) struggle with pillows that are comfortable. Clearly no one pillow works for everyone and you need to change them out so very often. You can't expect a pillow to last as long as your mattress. Pillows probably have the biggest impact on our sleep comfort, but we spend a whole lot more time and money on our mattress selection than our pillow selection.

I can tell you that in my wife's and my experience "MY PILLOW" (as frequently advertised on television)is a piece of _____! It smells, it turns every pillow cover yellow, it isn't comfortable, and in my experience, they don't honor their money back guarantee.

All the best,
    GJ
    I have to admit, I have been tempted to buy that pillow after seeing the ads on TV. Instead I ordered an" Arctic Sleep™ by Pure Rest™ Cooling Gel Memory Foam Loft Pillow" off of Zulily. I have slept on it for 4 nights now and it is heavenly! However, like I said before all pillows I try work great for a few weeks. I don't know if my ears get used to them or what. I'll let you know after a few weeks if this one keeps working.

Purple beds is coming out with a new pillow. It might be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post

All the best,
    GJ

Geez, A friend of mine gave me "my pillow" because her husband hated it. I tried it and I just love "my pillow"! I have a nice soft fabric pillow case that it goes in to and it is without a doubt the most comfortable pillow I have ever owned or slept on. I loved the pillows so much I went out and bought one for my wife?? She hates it, LOL. I guess everyone is different but for me I just find it so comfortable because it doesn't "squirt" away from my head and end up on the floor. You can buy them at any bed bath and beyond store. Also, you can print out a 20% off coupon on the website of BBBY and buy one pillow for about $40. If you don't like it just bring it back. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/?ii...FVZMDQodseELTA

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    I have to admit, I have been tempted to buy that pillow after seeing the ads on TV. Instead I ordered an" Arctic Sleep? by Pure Rest? Cooling Gel Memory Foam Loft Pillow" off of Zulily. I have slept on it for 4 nights now and it is heavenly! However, like I said before all pillows I try work great for a few weeks. I don't know if my ears get used to them or what. I'll let you know after a few weeks if this one keeps working.
    Please do let us know how it works out. My ears get to hurting so bad that they can hardly be touched!

It is interesting that you mentioned hotel pillows. I sleep the best with hotel bedding. I wish I knew why.
    C5/C6

Here is an interesting site: http://www.hotelpillow.com/hyatt.html

They sell hotel bedding, mostly pillows. So, if you've stayed in a particular hotel and liked their pillow, check it out here.

That said, many of the larger hotel chains sell their bedding. Search, for example: "Hyatt bedding for the home," or any other higher end hotel name, and you'll find their bedding for the home website. The Hyatt site is: https://www.hyatt.com/content/partne...e-program.html

I am AB and have been struggling with the pillow issue for a long time. I also get the ear pain, on occasion, it is painful. Right now I rotate 3 different pillows: a memory foam contoured pillow, just a regular fluffy pillow, and the Tony Little pillow from HSN. I used the Tony Little pillow for years and really liked it. They last a few years and then you need to replace it. So far, I think I'm getting my best rest on this one. This has become a giant pain, literally! I wake up with neck and shoulder pain every morning!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    I have to admit, I have been tempted to buy that pillow after seeing the ads on TV. Instead I ordered an" Arctic Sleep™ by Pure Rest™ Cooling Gel Memory Foam Loft Pillow" off of Zulily. I have slept on it for 4 nights now and it is heavenly! However, like I said before all pillows I try work great for a few weeks. I don't know if my ears get used to them or what. I'll let you know after a few weeks if this one keeps working.
    I have used the Artic Sleep for 4 months now and I can say it is much better than the regular pillow I had from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Having said that though, it still cause my ears to hurt occasionally. I think the key for me is to position it just right before I go to sleep so that my ear is not simply laying flat against it.