Thread: Hue Bulbs socket adapter

Hue Bulbs socket adapter

I started using the Hue light system (starter kit) for a while now but i can only use 2 of the 3 bulbs as of right now because one of my lamps doesn't take E27 bulbs only the smaller size (E14) i believe. I did hours of research on an entire new lamp but couldn't find one thats the same style as my furniture or fits into my budget. So i found a solution using a "Socket Adapter" E27 to E14 from amazon now here is the thing some people are saying that they don't work with smart bulbs at all. Does someone have experience with those adapters? I can't really see why i would not i just want to make sure before buying.
    Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
    Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

Still haven't found what i was looking for (mostly because of people on amazon saying that there adapters damaged there bulbs/lamps) does nobody have a solution? i am getting more and more grey hair over this lol
    Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
    Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

the only issue I can see is that the space of a larger bulb and weight. LED are heavier. Other than that I don't see a problem. As long as the original socket can hold the bulb without the weight of the heavier bulb causing an issue try it.
    I have Hue bulbs in most every light and love them. So worth the money and over time I'm sure they will save me money in my electric bill.

Do not exceed Wattage or you will burn the place down.

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post
    Do not exceed Wattage or you will burn the place down.
    wattage is not an issue Hue bulbs use less than 10 watts and usually only pull like 7

Thanks for the tip but i don't think weight is an issue with this lamp i have a pretty big bulb in there right now and it does just fine and those adapter only add about 15 grams so i should be fine only think its the small socket i can't even use the max output the lamp could handle. I love mine too did reduce my electric bill by 60% if not more plus a lot more advantages like alarms/IFTTT or with the Homekit app in IOS 10. I am just scared that if i use those adapter my Hue bulb goes BOOM and people are saying that happens with some so i just want to be extra careful before using those (i really don't get how the socket of that lamp isn't standard size)

when you get the adapter you will know if they are strong enough. Its not rocket science with these. remember LED's use way less energy.

Yes I love all the things I can do with mine. Getting into bed and forgetting to turn off a light. Turning it off with my phone is worth every dollar.

Still couldn't find any online looks like i have to make a trip to the store but not before i have my HP printer ready to ship out for replacement (started acting up with printhead issues but thats another story). Funny thing is the US version of hue has the smaller socket oh well lol i slap the adapter on it and be done with it for the next 10+ years or how long they hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
    Still couldn't find any online looks like i have to make a trip to the store but not before i have my HP printer ready to ship out for replacement (started acting up with printhead issues but thats another story). Funny thing is the US version of hue has the smaller socket oh well lol i slap the adapter on it and be done with it for the next 10+ years or how long they hold up.
    The US ones are E26 and are only for AC 115 V. Else where E27 is used for AC 230 V.