Thread: Warning: digestive supplements and drinks..

Warning: digestive supplements and drinks..

Hello,

I've had two terrible experiences with Probiotic pills and Fennel Tea. (I tried to find a solution for gas relief) The Probiotics made me feel horrible, I literally wanted to die.. I also tried Fennel Tea, I got real hot and sick feeling so had to sleep for some time to feel better. I think what happens is these products want you to go to the bathroom right away. So if you have to wait some time before your next bowl movement, avoid these products.. There's just some feedback
    Best regards,
    Brian
    "Life's a Party and Your Not Invited"

Thanks for the info. If you should find something to relieve the gas please pass it on. I have a terrible time with gas and so far have found nothing that really works. I was also told by my gastroenterologist that most of my gas might be coming from the lower stomach where there isn't really anything you can take that would reach it. The gas is generated there because the waste isn't expelled very fast and thus decomposition has started.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

Quote Originally Posted by DaDutchman View Post
    Thanks for the info. If you should find something to relieve the gas please pass it on. I have a terrible time with gas and so far have found nothing that really works. I was also told by my gastroenterologist that most of my gas might be coming from the lower stomach where there isn't really anything you can take that would reach it. The gas is generated there because the waste isn't expelled very fast and thus decomposition has started.
    The best thing that I've found is Gas-X Chewables Extra Strength Cherry Creme Tablets. They seem to help, I don't know how severe yours is. But I would highly recommend giving those a try.. They can be found at most stores otherwise there is Amazon. That's where I buy mine from.

Regular https://www.amazon.com/Gas-X-Chewabl...h+Cherry+Creme

Bulk https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (This is the one I buy)

Best regards,
    Brian

Thanks for the info on the Gas-X Chewables Extra Strength Cherry Creme Tablets. I'll have to make sure I write that down or I'll forget. I'll let you know how effective they are once I get some and try them.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

Quote Originally Posted by DaDutchman View Post
    Thanks for the info on the Gas-X Chewables Extra Strength Cherry Creme Tablets. I'll have to make sure I write that down or I'll forget. I'll let you know how effective they are once I get some and try them.
    You may also want to try a Digestive enzyme. It helps with the digestion of food, I was taking Good N Natural pancreatic enzyme. That seemed to help, but I see they are discontinued now (Not sure why, the kinesiologist I go to recommended that brand). So I'll have to try some different brands to see which I like..

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Yes, DaDutchman, both fennel seed and anise seed are mild laxatives. Sadly, many "teas" are contaminated with carcinogenic pesticides. This may be what you got. I make a tea from the actual anise seeds (not packaged in a teabag) for gas, but it always helps me. I buy my anise seed by the ounce from an herb store.