Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the "Less Sluippery" ROHO cover?

What is the "Less Sluippery" ROHO cover?

Hi folks,

Just purchased a new ROHO and the cover is the standard one. Its silky and thin and I keep sliding.

I have searched for alternative but am finding conflicting information.

What is the "less slippery" cover called?

Blog Entries
    I gave up on the roho covers after my first one almost 20 years ago. I use pillow cases to cover mine, tuck the excess length in at the back on the bottom towards the inside, so it doesn't allow any hagover and holds the cushion in. At one time, I sewed a zipper in the back of one and it worked superb, just haven't got around to making another, wash, dry, fold n tuck...I have may too many things to do to clean out horizontal space for my sewing machine and go at it again. Sad because I am going to sew some good ideas into clothing adaptions I have to make life easier and look neater. BTW, the cushion is protected from just about anything in a good pillowcase, even errant fire dropped on it, long enough for you to brush it off. I like it because i grind/cut/weld every now and then. I have used t-shirts at times also. Better than paying 50 buX for a cover that lasts about a month before ripping. I don't slide around on it either.

You should never cover a Roho type cushion with a cover that has non-stretchy fabric (like most pillow cases). These can cause "hammocking" which negates the pressure reducing properties of the Roho cushion.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    If they were still on-site, I would pull up my LONG thread documenting my 4 year battle with a pressure sore, osteomyelitis, many failed flap surgeries, pictures etc. I can only sit on a roho, it's all I use in my chairs. I guess it is because I am not overweight, BUT, my butt and all it's bony, muscle-less protrusions, never gets red in the least and I can see the indentations when I do a lift(very, very rarely) off the cushion. Matter of fact, I only do lifts when my pain gets so bad from my back. Then I'm only shaking my back, not doing a pressure relief. It was on a pillowcase covered roho that I sat on leaving the horsepital after the wound care doctor sewed me up the final time saying it had a 50/50 chance of succeeding at the time. Spent a couple weeks in bed getting up only to pee, and after 2 or 3 weeks, I forget, resumed a full time schedule with a few days of increasing sitting times while monitoring skin with a mirror. I have used pillow cases almost the entire 20 years in a chair, only having a new roho cover twice with a new cushion, buying used cushions from ebay w/o covers the rest of the time. I GOT the pressure sore way back in 2003 sitting on a couch with NO cushion overnight because I could not get out of it in the reclined position at the time, with both hips newly broken from a jetski accident. I don't know of anyone, with the exception of rybread, who is more susceptible to pressure sores.
    I am paranoid of getting a sore again. I would not suggest anything I had not personally proven to anyone. HOWEVER, I do add that I am not overweight, I am a vegan and I take no meds except for leviteracetam for seizures due to a cerebellar tumor. Poor diet, obesity and multiple medications may be an overriding factor here. When they pressure mapped it at Patricia Neal Rehab in 2010, it showed good to go.
    I used to think they told that tale just to get cushion failures more often to sell more of them. That flimsy cover allows EVERYTHING to get into/in between the cells of the cushion and wears it out through friction and punctures super quick, at least for a person like me who spends 16+ hours a day in chair, getting dirty, working with wood, metal, etc. Everything winds up in your lap and goes down to the cushion. I blow my lap out with an air compressor many times a day some days and KEEP a foxtail hanging on a screw beside my bed to sweep my lap out and the cushion off when I get in the bed to relax my back or just too sore, sweep my bed also. I would have to buy a cushion per month if not for a pillow case. I won't EVEN go into the story of using a wire brush when I had a roho cover the last time years ago, still makes me mad.
    You know, now that I think about it, after being back on-site for the first time in a few years, offering advice to those who ask. It may just be that my Creator God, whom it seems everyone thinks is a made-up prop for my fragile, deluded mind, may just be proving Himself once again, as a Loving Father who watches over His children who respect, honor and obey Him. Since it seems that every piece of advice I have offered lately, someone contradicts. Yepper, God watches over the fools who believe in Him.

Blog Entries
    http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/mat...categoryID=756
    there are 2 roho ones here Cowboy, one of them, the MOJO is a psychedelic one lol You won't loose your cushion in a dark vehicle anymore

https://www.amazon.com/Roho-Profile-.../dp/B000TVPPL4 and there is a review on this one
    that says it is a heavier duty cover so they do exist evidently

and just so you KNOW you AIN'T the only one...
    https://rohocushions.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/problems-slipping-and-sliding-off-of-roho-cushions/

Last edited by CapnGimp; 09-13-2016 at 04:33 AM. Reason: I was feeling rambunctious

Blog Entries
    the lower the threadcount, the 'stretchier, I tried the microfiber ones also, after that, I started buying micro fiber rags for cleaning...they really work well at catching ALL the dirt, lol
    NOT a quality you want in a cushion cover, I don't recommend micro fiber pillow cases for covers, nor any use around your bed...
    https://www.walmart.com/browse/home/...539103_1043821

Here are the cushion covers offered by Roho: https://roho.com/category/products/w...g-accessories/

Try contacting Tom Borcherding at Roho with your question. He has been very helpful to people on this forum.
    tom.borcherding@permobil.com
    1.618.222.3505 (work)
    1.314.378.0051 (cell)

All the best,
    GJ

I make my own cusion covers. before I would use the stock ones and i was getting pressure sores right and left. now i am healed up and pressure sore free for 4 yrs. I too am very boney in the butt. i think many factors come into play when it comes to cushion and cushion covers.

Here is an old thread on Roho covers - my post in which I listed the specs of the Old and New (at the time) - See specs in this post

Tom Borcherding started a thread on Roho Cover Updates in response, with info on a new cover with changes from the other versions.

I don't know what the exact material is in the updated version or if there has been further changes since the posting, as there isn't detailed info on Roho site or online retailers, but I am curious if anyone has tried it and am interested in feedback.

Thank you all for your input. It seems the heavy duty one is the one I prefer and less slippery.