Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Struggles with the Smart Drive MX2

Struggles with the Smart Drive MX2

The MX2 has honestly helped me beyond words. I can get around my college campus, independently run errands, and so much more...when it works. I've had multiple issues with it (starting/stopping spontaneously, band connection issues, battery issues, and user error on getting the adapter on my folding chair), had both the drive and band replaced a while back even, and it was working perfectly for a while but now it won't charge. I tried both of the chargers I have for it, switched outlets, and nothing.
    I'm going to call MM on Monday and see what they can do/what's going on/if they have a solution that doesn't involve sending it back again. I feel like they probably hate me because I call so much but I need this to work in order to use a manual chair.
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    My classes start Monday and I may cry if I have to use the school transport to get there instead of my SD.

If you quit, you won't get it fixed. I had issues with the mx1, which MM took care everytime. Eventually I saw one on Craigs so I picked up a spare cheap. It turned out that one is a winner. Maybe one of these repairs you get done will be the magic one and it will stay in the fast lane.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have no intentions of quitting. I think I'm just having anxiety about calling MM but I'm sure it will be fine. I hope the next repair will be the last one, but for the moment I will just figure out an alternative way of doing things while I wait for it to be repaired if I have to send it back.

contact MM, Mark is great to deal with.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    contact MM, Mark is great to deal with.
    That is a fact!
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I just spoke with them on the phone. I'm sending it back today, and will hopefully have a repaired unit by next week. They were incredibly nice on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by betazoidgal View Post
    I just spoke with them on the phone. I'm sending it back today, and will hopefully have a repaired unit by next week. They were incredibly nice on the phone.
    They are. They are the nicest people and have always helped me. I was going to tell you how friendly and helpful they are but I read your thread after you found out for yourself.

My son had a few issues with the wrist band breaking. They sent him a pack of three. He went thru the medium one pretty fast and is now on the large one. He thinks the large one is best as it fits loose so there is no extra tugging on it. He also had a few issues with the wheel not running smoothly and was making unnecessary noise. I played around with it and re-balanced it. It's working good and has been a HUGE help to his sore shoulders! He's 12 years post and this has been a God send! Sooooo glad he got this!!!

These things are $6K, right? Did insurance cover for anyone or did you just bite the bullet and pay for it yourself?

Blog Entries
    I was told 7k and insurance would cover it(medicare), if not, I can't afford it.
    Any word yet betazoidgal?