Thread: If you could roll from side to side what else could you do?

If you could roll from side to side what else could you do?

The core has to be the most important part of the body to train if you want to make progress right? My thinking, if I (or you) were able to get on the floor daily or a few times a week and just start trying to turn side to side and strengthen those muscles what other exercise and functional movements could that lead to?

Would the turning side to side be the first thing to focus on? And what would be the next step or movement to work on to build on to that function?

If I sit all day in a wheelchair mainly in one position it seems like anytime I can get out and at least try to move in another way that it will be good for me. I may not even make progress in the first day or week, but if I tried something even though it might not be easy for a month, I know there would be improvements.

Don't quit

I am a quad I can wiggle my toes on 1 foot and move it the other I can move big toe and move foot side to side a couple of times I can hold my tummy in for a few move my butt both sides

have for years nothing else ands I can roll over and over

Is your core strong? Or you just figured out how to roll? Do you get out of your chair much? How are your arms?

I roll by rocking I transfer out of bed on am if going some where in and out of chair to driver from in van if having a bad day with legs get in bed and prone for awhile and then when I go to bed at night

I transfer to bed and grab my loop and roll over. arms fairly strong hands not so much sci 5/22001 I am 65

Sorry to hear about your injury Good to hear that you are driving and transferring. I drive from my chair. My right hand is good but my left is very limited. I kinda left it alone for a few years figuring it was a lost cause but came across these videos and started stretching my fingers every night and I see slight improvements. https://www.youtube.com/user/Shmiddler/videos

its never never a lost cause

Yes that is my point with sci, with trying, it's not easy but our bodies respond to our trying.