Thread: Wheel Spacers for everyday chair

Wheel Spacers for everyday chair

Does anyone know how to install wheel spacers on a TiLite TR3 ? Thanks !

Remove the axle sleeves, and reinstall them with one or more spacers up to 3/4" thick on each side:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Are there different diameter spacers ? I don't think mine will fit on the TiLite axle tubes. I got mine from Sportaid and there were just one size available.

If your axels are too long just go to Lowes and get enough of the appropriate size washers,the hole being big enough for your Axel to fit through. Don't get the hole to big, get it just big enough for your Axel to go through and put enough on each Axel and that should do the trick. That is my low tech solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin83 View Post
    Are there different diameter spacers ? I don't think mine will fit on the TiLite axle tubes. I got mine from Sportaid and there were just one size available.
    Yes, it is possible you got the wrong kind, type or of brand spacers. Call Sportaid if they don't fit like shown in Chas picture.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.