Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Me Before You

I love the message of this film. The best thing since Action T4.

*is wondering how many will get that reference*
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    *is wondering how many will get that reference*
    (smirks)

I’ve had the same outlook on life post-injury since I’ve been injured. It’s not the same quality of life at all.

At 34, I should be spending my free time in night clubs, having orgies, and contracting STDs. Being a paraplegic doesn’t do much for looking for tricks. I’ve been successful using apps at times, but I likely don’t get the caliber of men I’d lure if I were able-bodied. They like my face, then I disclose my injury, and it’s silence or being blocked. That’s just for hook-ups.

Dating is even worse! You’re asking a person to partake in this cesspool with you when there’s able-bodied contestants in the game. I make friends, but that’s fucking it. You’re “friend-zoned.”

Linguistics may be my passion in life, but who the fuck wants to work when they can’t enjoy the finer things in life, like spas, sand on the beach, sex, etc.?

I hear about my wasted potential. Believe me! No one is irreplaceable. Some asshole is doing a job I’d be doing.

Just about choice imo
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    it's not the first time that hollywood has portrayed 'better off dead than disabled' though.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Le Todd View Post
    Ihear about my wasted potential. Believe me! No one is irreplaceable. Some asshole is doing a job I’d be doing.
    it truly is refreshing when people can actually acknowledge and embrace reality. So many weak, scared, defensive, naive people out there that make it such a rare thing.

One thing that really confused me about all this backlash was a lot of the these self-proclaimed "disabled activists" saying it's very stereo typical, still don't get what they mean. I think I understand the ideology behind the comment but it's just such bullshit, if I'm correct that is.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 07-08-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    it truly is refreshing when people can actually acknowledge and embrace reality. So many weak, scared, defensive, naive people out there that make it such a rare thing.
    A lot of them have Jesus, so their grasp on reality is already broken.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    One thing that really confused me about all this backlash was a lot of the Y name self-proclaimed "disabled activists" saying it's very stereo typical, still don't get what they mean. I think I understand the ideology behind the comment but it's just such bullshit, if I'm correct that is.
    I find it hypocritical. Many of these same people tell you of the fulfilling life you can have post-injury, then jump at every opportunity to say able-bodied see us as better dead. We are disabled people in an able-bodied world. They’re the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Just about choice imo
    Exactly! No one is forcing the disabled to kill themselves.