Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Me Before You

[QUOTE=titanium4motion;1802564]I am surprised with all the out cry of Me Before You that no one ever mentioned this short movie?

Gregory Go Boom

Ti
    [/QUOTE

lmfao that was good! Oh I mean that was stereo typical us disabled people can sleep wherever we want,change our living arrangements in the blink of an eye, all of our family is just there to help ready and willing. I find that offensive we have raging erections on command, we get laid all the time; One night stands are never awkward and hard to explain we are just as capable as any man in the bedroom. we don't have piss bags, and for the few that do there never that fulland we never get piss on ourselves, NEVER. And we never have to run from raging alcoholics we are just as capable, we can defeat them ALL!!! This is ableist and sick! I, we do not need to be cure, fuck those researchers thinking this is bad enough it needs a treatment they're ablelist. it's my fourth year anniversarysince my accident time to celebrate break out the champagne! The loss of my body is not a tragedy, dependence he is not a tragedy the world is beneath my wheels they can get me to the highest peaks to the deepest of seas, with no one I need no oneI am my own man and I speak for every disabled person! I drain my own bag, and undo my own buttons through positivity, perseverance anything is possible, impossible is nothing! Oh yeah one more thing I may be 100% dependent, but I'm 100% independent in my mind and that's what counts!

But in reality listen, movies, comedians etc. make fun of whites, Asians, blacks, Hispanics, nerds, gangsters, criminals, religious folks, politicians, gays, transsexuals etc. Just because were crippled and evidently very fragile does not mean the world doesn't have the right to make fun of us! If anyone is truly disturbed by this, and it keeps them up at night it makes them angry and question if their life is worthy guess what they should be treated like a mad cow and take it out back and put out of their misery their pretending not to be in! Too much, well I'm at my wits end with this shit, contradicting behaviour has gone from hysterical to fucking deeply disturbing. Honestly if someone wants to have a fit about this tiny short whatever, their problem waste of their time fact is It won't get enough attention, therefore we couldn't put it to good use anyways;and most importantly it's obviously a Humourous skit!!
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 06-09-2016 at 08:31 PM.

I watched the trailers out of curiosity...and propose watching something related which is more entertaining than wondering about how a 300lb wheelchair got to some places shown, and the rest of the issues with the movie...

I thought someone looked familiar in those trailers (minus the extreme eyebrow action, lol).

Interesting factoid. Jojo Moyes has a disabled child. Her first child was born deaf.

All the best,
    GJ

my wife and me went last night. really enjoyed the movie, both of us. just about having a choice in my opinion. i recommend checking it out.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Movie hit the net so I watched it.

They got some things right - the lack of temperature control, open to illness ... the limitations and prejudice of going out. The sadness and bitterness. The neck not turning all the way, the one paralyzed hand looked realistic.

What they didn't get right - at one point he has a headrest on the chair and then doesn't but it's not explained ... too straight of posture and no quad gut ... they didn't touch upon bowel or bladder care at all. They stay at a hotel overnight but how the hell does this little carer lift him into bed - not really explained? As if he stays rich .. doesn't really touch upon the financial difficulties.

Who falls in love and then wants to die? Just a stupid concept from the start.

Reading the book and hoping it's better.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Although I have not seen it, come on people it is a movie not a documentary
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

It's not the first time that Hollywood has portrayed 'better off dead than disabled' though.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    It's not the first time that Hollywood has portrayed 'better off dead than disabled' though.
    Because in the most severe cases it is a harsh truth, just comes down to individual choice.

By the way I meet a girl in the first three years of injury. We hit it off, well at first I was completely miserable didn't say anything and she just was so intrigued by me. Eventually she slowly got me to open up more and more, things were not so abysmal, we talk to all hours of the night. I helped her through pretty substantial thing as well. She went above and beyond for me, pretty much only person I have, but I do my choice I knew how disgusted I was with this lifestyle and even more so I could feel myself becoming desperately attached to the piece that she was giving me. After a night when she was ready and I didn't make a move it got worse. I picked up on that I knew that the likelihood is i'll be going out by my own hand, I knew I would never have any self-respect, I knew my limitations and didn't want to offer them to anyone else I walked away from the situation! It was hard on both of us,when I told her that was very hard I could see I hurt her but it just wasn't in the cards it wasn't going to happen, even with hers we both knew I'd never be happy like this. She encouraged me to keep pursuing recovery but we both know how unlikely it is soooo. The idea of falling in love and still wanting to die is not as stupid or unrealistic as you think!
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 07-06-2016 at 08:46 PM.

I hope this doesn't touch the wrong nerve (so to speak) but .. only a man would say that. Men! Can't live with 'em and ya can't shoot'em!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I hope this doesn't touch the wrong nerve (so to speak) but .. only a man would say that. Men! Can't live with 'em and ya can't shoot'em!

Doesn't strike a nerve not at all, I partially agree even though I know without a doubt it's not true, big world out there with lots of people of both sexes. I think on average though men are more prioritized with what they can do, their honor, their integrity, their pride, their independence etc. And I think on average women are more selfless and giving, in certain aspects. I also believe they find more solitude in other people, family, friends simplistic social gatherings are a big deal very enjoyable/important to all the women in my family, basically all the women I know outside of my family too. Of course this is just based on my personal experience and I'm just saying on average, could go both ways. Nonetheless disabilities can get bad enough where there is no quality-of-life, filled with indignity and illness, no real freedom, burdensome on others,taking everything you genuinely enjoy with it leaving you with Limited options that may never even remotely become genuinely enjoyable to the individual! Death is a perfectly rational option, whether it's better or not is up to the individual. Before my injury, but especially after my injury any disability leaving you fully dependent it's better off dead. But some disabilities can take it one step further and that they can leave you with almost no visible sign of life or consciousness,again better off dead it's a sad horrible reality.