Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Me Before You

I saw this last night and really liked it. It is full of fluff and in spite of the heavy subject matter I was pleasantly surprised by the sweetness of it. My husband said he wouldn't watch it with me because "we already live that life, why would I want to watch it?" but even he couldn't help watching it. I appreciate the science stuff they got right but of course the guy's body wasn't right. I loved the character of Lou and who of us didn't need a really fun, upbeat person around us after our injury? I would have made her my best friend! I know for at least a year after my accident I prayed that God would take me so I wouldn't have to be so depressed. I totally get both sides of equation of whether to fight or give up. I would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    I saw this last night and really liked it. It is full of fluff and in spite of the heavy subject matter I was pleasantly surprised by the sweetness of it. My husband said he wouldn't watch it with me because "we already live that life, why would I want to watch it?" but even he couldn't help watching it. I appreciate the science stuff they got right but of course the guy's body wasn't right. I loved the character of Lou and who of us didn't need a really fun, upbeat person around us after our injury? I would have made her my best friend! I know for at least a year after my accident I prayed that God would take me so I wouldn't have to be so depressed. I totally get both sides of equation of whether to fight or give up. I would recommend it.
    never understood The terminology for the two options "fight" or "give up". I find it far more complicated than that, and at the same time neither one of those describe either option very well

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    never understood The terminology for the two options "fight" or "give up". I find it far more complicated than that, and at the same time neither one of those describe either option very well
    Ha very true. Either way, "fighting or giving up"- you still wake up paralyzed.

Just watched it on the weekend and enjoyed it as well. Goes to show - Have to take critics /. reviews with a grain of salt.

Watched it not long ago.

It was predictably schmaltzy, kind of like a worse rendition of The Notebook. I love Emilia Clarke (Who doesn't like the Mother of Dragons?) but felt the performance was a little sophomoric and left huge volumes of what should have been a building relationship hiding at the kool-aid table instead of the bar with the rest of the grownups. It was like a teacher child relationship more than anything tangible.

I wouldn't watch it again, but I didn't want my minutes back too badly either.

besides the pantyhose were just the bees knees (couldn't pass that one up!)
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story