Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could an electric winch like this one be a good answer for getting on and off floor?

Could an electric winch like this one be a good answer for getting on and off floor?

http://www.harborfreight.com/2500-lb...rol-61297.html I know some can get on and off the floor with no assistance. I can't I'm looking for a way that will work. A hoyer lift would but it costs from a few hundred to a few thousand, and it would take too much space.

My thought is if this winch can be installed in the ceiling securely that it should work. The install would be a big part, but once installed it would take little room. But is there a vest that would work well with this? Or I'm also thinking some kind of bar that I could hold under my arms while it lifts me up enough to get a cair or bench under me then I could transfer back into my chair. This winch also has a wireless remote.

Appreciate feedback and ideas. Thank you.

Ian

Could the Para Ladder for $995.00 work you? http://www.paraladder.com/

I don't think that winch would work because its 12v. You can find little ones that are 110v, but you can only fall out of your chair right under it. Look for a used lift or an engine hoist. If you are going to need someone to help you, you could use a block and tackle. A climbers harness might work for you. I think they are called french harness.

You can also get a Camel or Elk air-inflated lifter (battery powered) but someone would have to bring it to you, and help you operate it, and they are not cheap. Used by a lot of first responders (fire & police) for getting people up off the floor when they have fallen.

http://mangarhealth.com/ems/patient-lifting/

(KLD)

I used a winch like that but the hand crank style years ago to assist me in standing with long leg braces but I had to line up under it first.
    ^^(A)^^

Question about this, might a air mattress with an electric pump work?

don't think i could use the para ladder and $995 is high for me. Can a 110v winch be plugged into an outlet?

how does a block and tackle work?

Quote Originally Posted by dontevergiveup View Post
    don't think i could use the para ladder and $995 is high for me. Can a 110v winch be plugged into an outlet?
    110 is what normal house current is. Runs your vacuum, micro wave, tv.
    Air mattress probably won't get you high enough.