Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC accessible cab and driver

NYC accessible cab and driver

We were recently in NYC and met an amazing gentleman who drives an accessible cab. I would like to post his name and number, but I'm not sure this is allowed. He was a wonderful, caring, guy who was also very responsible and extremely punctual. If you are in a wheelchair and want to visit New York, this is your guy!

If he is ok with it, post away, we would love to keep him busy.

Ok! His name is Azer, cell: 718-413-6766. He was so great with all of us and my son. We used him the 3 days we were in NYC. Would use him again in a New York minute!

Very useful tip. Thanks for posting this.

If New York City hadn't wussed out on their promise and commitment to have a wheelchair accessible taxi fleet a couple of years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-03-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    If New York City hadn't wussed out on their promise and commitment to have a wheelchair accessible taxi fleet a couple of years ago, we wouldn't to have this conversation.

All the best,
    GJ
    Exactly! This is one of our biggest stresses when we travel in any given city! A few years ago, in San Francisco, we had to wait for an hour to get a cab. To our surprise, NYC was a breeze once we hooked up with Azer!

Yea, My parents live south of Myrtle Beach and there are ZERO accessible cabs in Myrtle/area. One medical transport co has vans.. thats it.. And they told me it would be $125 for a ride from airport to house, exactly 19.9 miles..
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Thank you UBER !!! That's Sarcasm if no one understood that! How can New York City Govt. demand accessible cabs if the UBER driver's do not have to comply? This is not simply a NYCity problem but Nationwide issue. Even in places where UBER does not exist.

It's great you found the one truly helpful driver is a city of over 9 million people, there is probable another one lurking somewhere in that huge city.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sullivan View Post
    Thank you UBER !!! That's Sarcasm if no one understood that! How can New York City Govt. demand accessible cabs if the UBER driver's do not have to comply? This is not simply a NYCity problem but Nationwide issue. Even in places where UBER does not exist.

It's great you found the one truly helpful driver is a city of over 9 million people, there is probable another one lurking somewhere in that huge city.
    Not sure if you have been to New York in a while but Uber WAV has been available for a while!

Also NYC has WOW app that is for wc cabs only! Works great!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....wowtaxi&hl=en

New York also has a great subway, bus and train system.

Also if you use Dial a ride in your home city you can use it in your visiting city as a guest just check and pre register and ask what there booking practices are.

We never have issues New York, LA, San Diego, Seattle, DC, Las Vegas, San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
    Yea, My parents live south of Myrtle Beach and there are ZERO accessible cabs in Myrtle/area. One medical transport co has vans.. thats it.. And they told me it would be $125 for a ride from airport to house, exactly 19.9 miles..
    Roc have you called these guys in MB?

http://www.taxicabmyrtlebeach.com/