Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended my TR frame for new shorter forks

Can you please show us picture how do you balance your chair before and after?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Banned
    Love the extensions.
    FrogLegs is going to be releasing new CarbonFiber Forks and Wheels in October. The forks are 30% lighter than anything on the market and 50% stronger. They come with a life time warranty and Retail for under $250.00.
    i have gotten to ride them in testing and can feel the difference over other products. The CarbonFiber wheels are the lightest wheels in the world and measure 4 inches by 1.25 inches wide. I still personally prefer the aluminum soft roll wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Can you please show us picture how do you balance your chair before and after?
    Sorry, I missed your post somehow. I only have pics of my old chair, but I do the same thing with my new one. I stand it up where it balances on the footplate like this:

I put the wheel on, then spin it around to put the other wheel on:

Hopefully that helps. I find that doing it this way is faster and I don't scratch my chair up by laying it on the ground. My car is a four door also, so there is enough room. Although it was much easier with my old two door.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post

Sorry, I missed your post somehow. I only have pics of my old chair, but I do the same thing with my new one. I stand it up where it balances on the footplate like this:

I put the wheel on, then spin it around to put the other wheel on:

Hopefully that helps. I find that doing it this way is faster and I don't scratch my chair up by laying it on the ground. My car is a four door also, so there is enough room. Although it was much easier with my old two door.
    How I wish to look at the picture of your TR3 to know how it really work after modification.

How I wish to look at the picture of your TR3 to know how it really work after modification.
    It looks exactly like the pictures above. Before the modification I attached the piece of rubber that you see in the first picture of this post to the footplate, and that was the part that touched the ground. After the modification, the TR3 looks just like the above pic of the ZRA. Unless there is something else you are wanting to see?

It looks exactly like the pictures above. Before the modification I attached the piece of rubber that you see in the first picture of this post to the footplate, and that was the part that touched the ground. After the modification, the TR3 looks just like the above pic of the ZRA. Unless there is something else you are wanting to see?
    Is that's mean before modification, the soft caster can't reach the floor?

Is that's mean before modification, the soft caster can't reach the floor?
    When the chair was new before any modification the front casters kept the footplate from reaching the floor (opposite of what you just said) when tilted up like the pictures above. This caused my footplate to roll under the car everytime I got in. So I attached the rubber piece to the footplate with velcro for a while, which solved the problem and allowed my casters to not reach the floor, so I could pivot the frame on the footplate. Then I swapped and extended the forks as a permanent solution and so I don't have to take the rubber piece on and off each time I get in and out of the car. I hope I'm making sense.

Exactly how I balance my chairs when taking them in and out of vehicles. You can always tell van drivers from car drivers by how worn out our footrest tubing gets

I even take off the skid plates to get a better "bite" when popping the wheels on and off (I drive a jeep so I have to hold the chair up on the footrest tubing the entire time I assemble/disassemble.)

When the chair was new before any modification the front casters kept the footplate from reaching the floor (opposite of what you just said) when tilted up like the pictures above. This caused my footplate to roll under the car everytime I got in. So I attached the rubber piece to the footplate with velcro for a while, which solved the problem and allowed my casters to not reach the floor, so I could pivot the frame on the footplate. Then I swapped and extended the forks as a permanent solution and so I don't have to take the rubber piece on and off each time I get in and out of the car. I hope I'm making sense.
    Now I understand.