Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cushion Help

Red face Cushion Help

I am looking for a new wheelchair cushion and I need input on what I should get. What is are some different types? What is everyone's opinion what is the best?

I love my VicAir Adjuster by Comfort Company.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

When you go to transfer is it hard enough that you can really press down on it to get leverage?

I stand to transfer, so I don't know for sure; to me it feels quite robust enough to provide leverage. I'll check it now just to see. Watch the videos on their website.

be right back . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Since I don't transfer with my shoulders, I'm still not sure; it provides very firm vertical support under high localized pressure, but it moves around laterally (squirrelly?) when I support weight on one hand. Because I can stand to transfer, I was never taught how to transfer otherwise, so I'm not sure my feedback is sound. Mapping has shown it to distribute pressure superbly though; it's super comfortable.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Ottobock cloud ... love it. Gel filled cells that can be pulled if you have a wound ... just bought mine. I saw Ti love his, so opted for one. Firm enough for transfer ... that's what I really like about it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I have had a gel filled cushion before and they would eventually mash down and be hard or uncomfortable does that happen with the ottbock cloud

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth422 View Post
    When you go to transfer is it hard enough that you can really press down on it to get leverage?
    I use Supracor Stimulite "contour". It is firm enough for transferring. My preference for this cushion is that I have sensation and *sweat*. This brand of cushion breathes. It is open cell, water and air will run right through it including the cover.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Elizabeth, what level are you and what are your main qualities you need in a cushion?
    C-6/7 incomplete

i have no movement of the legs and i just want to be supported and be able to transfer