Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are any quads using a zero turn radius mower?

Are any quads using a zero turn radius mower?

and if so, how do you transfer from chair to mower seat? Or, if any quads are using any type of mower, what brand/kind and how are you doing the transfer? Currently my wife helps me get on an ordinary rider with hydrostat drive. I don't have a problem operating it, it's having to jump over the levers and I can't find one without a lever sticking up through the left fender that isn't sitting up so high. My biggest concern is breaking a leg bone, so far been lucky. Appreciate any help, thanks!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

I am not a quad but have using a Exmark zero turn for over 14 years. I was injured almost ten years ago and love this machine. I like it better than others because its heavy duty. Very low maintenance and its low to the ground. I would go to various dealers and try there machines out. I enjoy mowing grass and the 52" cut I have is easy to transfer on. I place a large pillow on the side and transfer on it. My wife helps me lift up to the seat. Much easier transferring with help. I have a wide velcro belt that I use to strap myself on the seat. Helps me from ever falling off. My front balance is very poor. Probably a great time to get a bargain for end of summer sales too. Wish you well.

Thanks Joe, would you happen to know what model it is? The same mower still going after 14 years?
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

I'm a C6 and I got one of these because they are much easier to tranfer onto than your standard zero turn: https://auctionimages.s3.amazonaws.c...3/22674773.jpg

they don't make this style anymore, so when mine finally dies I will have to come up with a transfer solution of my own, or go with one of these: http://taylormobilitysolutions.com/

im a para but thisis what i use
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Thanks guys! I'm dealing with a machine shop guy now that is going to make the mower seat movable (slide toward front of mower) enough so I'll be able to do a simple transfer from my chair to mower seat then slide seat back in original operating position. These people are amazing, very talented and helpful. Hopefully will work like a charm!

Awesome, I was leaning towards doing something like that on my next one. Hopefully they're planning on using a linear actuator or something similar so it power moves. I even suggested it to toro's R&D department since their headquarters are local to me. Keep us posted to what you come up with and how much $$$ it runs.

I cheat my son picks me up puts me on a quad

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodcharlie5 View Post
    Here is me using my John Deere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6mje-JUNiA
    u awesome my legs would never let me do that