Thread: Non-SCI UTI

Non-SCI UTI

Hi,

I need some help. I'm a teenager and I recently got my first uti . I got prescribed antibiotics but didn't take all of them. And now after a week my uti came back.
    Should I see the doctor or again ?

yes see doctor again and FINISH YOUR ANTIBIOTICS!!!!!
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

See the doctor and tell him or her what you posted above. Your recurrent UTI is likely a result of not completing the antibiotic as prescribed. You may have taken it long enough to kill the weaker bacteria but not the strongest ones. Then the strong ones go on reproducing and result in a worse infection. The doctor may want to test a urine sample and prescribe a different antibiotic. Your doctor and pharmacist should have emphasized this.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries
    Many people quit antibiotics when they feel okay. That's one way we get drug resistance strains of bacteria.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by Rosabella View Post
    Hi,

I need some help. I'm a teenager and I recently got my first uti . I got prescribed antibiotics but didn't take all of them. And now after a week my uti came back.
    Should I see the doctor or again ?
    Yes! One time I had a UTI, the nurse called me and told me she’d be calling in more because the doctor wanted me to stay on it for another week or two. The nurse never called it in, I began feeling better, and I didn’t want to be a pest, so I just didn’t bother calling her back. Sure enough, symptoms came back. I called and explained my situation and got more of the medication and took it until finished.