Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: when is it time to go to hospital for possible celluitus

Just monitor everything closely. I am all for the conservative approach - anytime you can forego IV antibiotics it is good, providing that you are monitored closely.
    ckf

All infections.

Live with a evil you know not an evil you don't know.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Good advice up there ...

Try putting your feet above your heart throughout the day and definitely at night. You'll be peeing more too.

I had Ceftazidine a long time ago .. Vancomycin the last time which I thought was awful. I'm allergic to penicillin though since 2014.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

yes I am elevating whenever i lay down (which is a lot lately)I recently switched to paper towels for drying in between seems to work better than regular towel currently checking for vented or breathable shoes. My Doc. made a good point about shoes she said they are like toothbrushes good to throw them out once in a while never know what's living in there. I tossed em probably had em 5 years lol Seriously thank you all for input feel good today looking at possibly a fever free night ... fingers crossed

Glad to hear things are starting to look up a little.

ckf

Hair dryer on a coolest setting, freshly laundered 100% cotton socks. I don't wear shoes at home ... and mine are sheepskin slippers.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

i like the hair dryer idea. Going to check to see if they make a small battery one so i don't have to deal with cords in bed Great Idea!

Please do not use a hair dryer. Even on the coolest setting, I have seen things happen by accident. It is way too easy to increase the heat and not realize it.

ckf

You might look into a battery operated mini fan as an alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent K View Post
    You might look into a battery operated mini fan as an alternative?
    yes that makes sense turns out they don't have much for battery operated hair dryers anyway. I agree you don't need heat so will check into fans