Thread: Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 13.0

Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 13.0

Just purchased Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 13.0 With Free Headset from eBay for $82.99 delivered. Have a Blue microphone that works well, so I do not need a headset, and did not put it in my cost criteria.

The next lowest priced DNS 13 Premium with FREE Headset listed for $97.77 plus $4.95 shipping for a total cost of $102.72, or make an offer.

Submitted an offer of $77 for the Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 PREMIUM with FREE Headset because when you add $77 + 5$ shipping is $82. T offer was refused.

So bought the aforementioned software and microphone package because 82.99 is cheaper than $102.77 for the identical software.

Have no idea what I'm going to do with the included headset, but it looked pretty cheap. It is not a microphone headset that DNS includes in their version described above.

Anyone looking to buy DNS 13 premium can get it delivered for $82.99 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142053703227...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does anybody have any suggestions before I install it?

You need to go to Knowbrainer and download the software which adds custom scripts, and custom commands like the Dragon Pro.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Started using DNS around version 9. Remember having to correct a lot, using spellchecker but all and all I got a lot of words on the page pretty easily.

Using version 13 now realize that I do not know how to use the software package very well and only am utilizing perhaps 20% of its capabilities. What I need is a class in Dragon Naturally Speaking, a tutorial, DNS for dummies or some similar training device so I can utilize the functions that I don't even know exist.

Found a lot of web video tutorials which were very helpful. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 13 is a significant improvement over version 12. Actually the product just gets better and better and I don't know how much improvement is caused by faster CPUs and more RAM or the software code itself.

Back in the 80s I was a beta tester for IBM ViaVoice and another voice recognition software package name that I do not remember, but they did not work. Yes, they worked just not very well and definitely not enough to be productive with.

Out-of-the-box DNS 13 required no training, it just worked. Don't know if that is because I have years and years of a user profile or the AI is just improved by an order of magnitude.

Now with products being released, such as Cortina or Echo, I foresee that within five years, more than half of new computers will be able to hold a conversation with you. Within 10 years, you will be having conversations with all parts of your house, e.g., "Turn the thermostat up to 78", "Display front door CCTV on living room TV" or should I take the Cowboys +4 over the Redskins?

Research already shows that people become emotionally attached to these voice machines and they are going to be integrated into society which is scary.

Society has not been able to adapt to all the technological advances in the last 20 years and I will never be able to get the image I have of a couple I saw on a date. They were seated across from each other at a restaurant table and both were looking down at their phones, they were not even talking to each other.

Is there an application to give a good night kiss over the phone?

Link to Dragon NaturallySpeaking video tutorials

http://www.nuance.com/for-individual...emos/index.htm

Dragon NaturallySpeaking Feature Demos - These useful, short feature videos show how Dragon version 13 speech recognition software works | Nuance

like I was saying before getting knowbraine they have some good tutorials on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/KnwBrainerr
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Yes I know there are individualized videos on all sorts of Dragon NaturallySpeaking and know–brainer but I'm looking for a complete package.

Like I said before I use it to splash text on the screen, don't know how to use any of the commands like search Firefox for 14 in.? converted to cubic centimeters. Don't know how to make it stop opening windows or doing commands that I don't expect. I know nothing about using Dragon NaturallySpeaking except to talk to it for text.

I'm looking for a training course or a syllabus outline of features, something to teach me all of Dragon NaturallySpeaking not bits and pieces at a time.

Blog Entries
    https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Natura...DH3XG4AAKS9CE4

I bought it at ver 10 or so. It couldn't handle my southern drawl at all, lol. I took a cue from your posts and went ahead and posted the link you are obviously looking for. Get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Yes I know there are individualized videos on all sorts of Dragon NaturallySpeaking and know–brainer but I'm looking for a complete package.

Like I said before I use it to splash text on the screen, don't know how to use any of the commands like search Firefox for 14 in.? converted to cubic centimeters. Don't know how to make it stop opening windows or doing commands that I don't expect. I know nothing about using Dragon NaturallySpeaking except to talk to it for text.

I'm looking for a training course or a syllabus outline of features, something to teach me all of Dragon NaturallySpeaking not bits and pieces at a time.
    First try reading the manual, also the biggest place to get information that is on the brainer forums because you can create custom commands that will print out text areas
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Natura...DH3XG4AAKS9CE4

I bought it at ver 10 or so. It couldn't handle my southern drawl at all, lol. I took a cue from your posts and went ahead and posted the link you are obviously looking for. Get it.
    thank you. That is exactly what I needed Dragon NaturallySpeaking 101.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking For Dummies 4th Edition