Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Permobil airline prep

Me again...my trip to Japan is approaching quickly, and my anxiety about my F3 arriving in one piece increasing. I certainly plan to be proactive in regard to speaking with the ramp supervisor. I have a couple more questions...every flight I've been on, they've unplugged the wiring to avoid accidentally having the chair turn on. The F3 has the circuit breaker switch in the back. Do you advise they be instructed to flip the breaker switch, or let them unplug a wire (!)?

Does anyone label their chair in any way? My concern is arriving in/departing from Tokyo, and a lack of familiarity with the F3 causing confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Me again...my trip to Japan is approaching quickly, and my anxiety about my F3 arriving in one piece increasing. I certainly plan to be proactive in regard to speaking with the ramp supervisor. I have a couple more questions...every flight I've been on, they've unplugged the wiring to avoid accidentally having the chair turn on. The F3 has the circuit breaker switch in the back. Do you advise they be instructed to flip the breaker switch, or let them unplug a wire (!)?

Does anyone label their chair in any way? My concern is arriving in/departing from Tokyo, and a lack of familiarity with the F3 causing confusion.

Dont get your self so worked up...who are you flying with (what airline?) and there is no longer a need to disconnect the wiring that's old school.

Just show them how to turn on and off.

On your former post about lifting the chair on to the conveyor belt not all airlines have lifts but if needed they know how to lift it. I would say on my F3 from the drive tires and then someone in front and back to help with the weight.

In regards to the F3 a chair is pretty much a chair when lifting some are more heavy but if they have to lift it normally it will take 4 guys.

I would tell the supervisor your concerns and have him come back in and let you know once it's loaded.

Are you flying direct?

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Dont get your self so worked up...who are you flying with (what airline?) and there is no longer a need to disconnect the wiring that's old school.

Just show them how to turn on and off.

On your former post about lifting the chair on to the conveyor belt not all airlines have lifts but if needed they know how to lift it. I would say on my F3 from the drive tires and then someone in front and back to help with the weight.

In regards to the F3 a chair is pretty much a chair when lifting some are more heavy but if they have to lift it normally it will take 4 guys.

I would tell the supervisor your concerns and have him come back in and let you know once it's loaded.

Are you flying direct?

Hi, I will be flying on Japan Airlines out of JFK, direct.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Hi, I will be flying on Japan Airlines out of JFK, direct.
    Your in good hands I have talked to a few that have used them and the had no issues just give yourself extra time so you can explain your needs and wishes.

Dont over think it and enjoy your trip...have someone take pictures of your loading it really helps put others at easy when they are ready to fly.

Have a safe trip!!

When you leaving?

We leave on 24 September.