Thread: Infectious Disease Doc. Appt.

Infectious Disease Doc. Appt.

So I'm seeing an I.D.Doc on Mon. In a previous post re: continuous uti's, KLD said I should be seeing a ID doc, so I am. Of course I don't have a uti now and it's crystal clear for the 1st time in mths. I just got over one a week 1/2 ago... go fiqure...

Anywho, what should I be asking this Doc? I'll tell him what's going on, show him all my reports/cultures, but what else should I expect from him? I've only seen ID Doc when I got that Cryptococcal in my lung yrs ago.

I was going to ask him if I can have my c&S sent to him also, I can phone him once I see it online and he can tell me which antibiotic to take or not to take at all? Usually I just decide myself.

Any more ideas or questions? Thanks..............

Quote Originally Posted by monkeygirl View Post
    So I'm seeing an I.D.Doc on Mon. In a previous post re: continuous uti's, KLD said I should be seeing a ID doc, so I am. Of course I don't have a uti now and it's crystal clear for the 1st time in mths. I just got over one a week 1/2 ago... go fiqure...

Anywho, what should I be asking this Doc? I'll tell him what's going on, show him all my reports/cultures, but what else should I expect from him? I've only seen ID Doc when I got that Cryptococcal in my lung yrs ago.

I was going to ask him if I can have my c&S sent to him also, I can phone him once I see it online and he can tell me which antibiotic to take or not to take at all? Usually I just decide myself.

Any more ideas or questions? Thanks..............
    Don't know what method you use to manage your bladder but if you are having trouble breaking cycle of recurring UTI's you may want to ask ID / Urologist about irrigation and instillation. It's a bit of work but can be effective in some cases of breaking the cycle.

There is a lot of info in using search terms "irrigation " and instillation", good luck.

Here is an article by Bob Vogel in "New Mobility" that discusses one approach to irrigation/instillation :
    http://www.newmobility.com/2015/12/b...ant-solutions/
    Last edited by ChesBay; 08-20-2016 at 01:42 AM. Reason: info / link