Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple watch

Apple watch

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

http://mashable.com/2016/07/05/apple.../#4jc1tNrZJmqq

Think it really works?

If it truly works I'll likely buy one...

I already have a watch and i love it but im wondering if it will really work. I think it would be great but i don't want to get my hops up lol

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I use an Apple watch already. It makes it so I don't need to get my phone out to use it, plus it has a ringer and vibrates when I get incoming calls/messages. I can answer/respond using the watch. Makes it nice since I cannot obviously feel phone on vibrate and cannot hear it when in my pocket.

JSCHISM that is why i love my apple watch because i don't have to get my phone out. I keep my phone in my backpack on my chair and with the watch i can do whatever i need to without having to worry about dropping my phone.

Sounds useful. I keep my phone in my chair under cushion bag so it's out of reach whenever I'm in the car (Speedy Lift behind my seat) which means I cannot answer a text (when parked!). I hear the battery life isn't good though...

Battery will last all day, just plug it in at night when going to bed. I also use the heart rate monitor when cycling. You have to stop and be still for it to work, but it is pretty accurate and a hell of a lot more comfortable than the chest strap I used before.

For me its the notifications that make it worthwhile, especially as you can't feel the vibrate.

I've had it updated to the latest beta software with the wheelchair activity monitoring since it came out.
    What I would say is that it does monitor what you do and seems to capture the amount of rolls - however I have got no benefit from it.
    Its not in your face so you would need to remember to check quite often if you were doing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    For me its the notifications that make it worthwhile, especially as you can't feel the vibrate.

I've had it updated to the latest beta software with the wheelchair activity monitoring since it came out.
    What I would say is that it does monitor what you do and seems to capture the amount of rolls - however I have got no benefit from it.
    Its not in your face so you would need to remember to check quite often if you were doing enough.
    My watch is up to date and this isn't on there. Must be different across the pond?

Think you have to sign up for beta releases.