Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "The Beast"

I agree Gordy, E-bike and their lithiums are incredible and quite affordable. I've been riding with one of Mark Breretons Road race Powerpods for years. It has a 500 wt. E-bike wheel with one of their 48v20ah lithiums. The 48v turns the 500wt into 1000wt. wheel. It's like riding a rocket ship. It gets up to speed quickly with the flip of a switch. I've gotten it up to 35mph and it still had more juice to go faster.

I like the fact I can go on long rides and if needed, take a break pedaling and still be up to speed. Great way to give the shoulders a break.

EXCELLENT! Lucky lady to have a Maker dad.

It appears that “The Beast” now has some competition! https://langhoej-live.dk/wp-content/...er-katalog.pdf
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    It appears that “The Beast” now has some competition! https://langhoej-live.dk/wp-content/...er-katalog.pdf
    Woah that kick arse ! wonder how much.....

Quote Originally Posted by scurl View Post
    Woah that kick arse ! wonder how much.....
    Too much! I saw a very hi-tech looking add-on recently (not a fat-bike tyre though), but it was selling for $10k!!! Can’t see many people spending that much....
    Last edited by Gordy1; 07-25-2018 at 05:32 AM.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by scurl View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t speak German, so couldn’t understand a word! But very interesting to see that they recognise the need to move the rear wheels backwards to improve the drive wheel traction. Chasmengr should have patented his design!

That chair must be heavy though, with all the attachment metalwork beneath the seat, plus the extra length....