Thread: Funding Research for a Cure

Funding Research for a Cure

I've been thinking about what I would do if I won the lottery, and I decided that if I did then I would donate like 95% of it to funding a cure for spinal cord injury. Then I began to think that maybe I didn't need to win the lottery. Maybe I can just start or join some non-profit organization that raises money to fund a cure for paralysis. That seems like it would be the most valuable way to spend my life. I mean, if I can't be a researcher, then I could help get them funding.

Anyway, do you guys know of some non-profits that are raising money for the sci cure?
    I was injured 2 weeks after my 16th birthday on June 14th, 2004. My level of injury is C5 complete, but I can move my wrist.

My screen name comes from the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Spinal cord Society

Quote Originally Posted by MeetMeInMontauk View Post
    I've been thinking about what I would do if I won the lottery, and I decided that if I did then I would donate like 95% of it to funding a cure for spinal cord injury. Then I began to think that maybe I didn't need to win the lottery. Maybe I can just start or join some non-profit organization that raises money to fund a cure for paralysis. That seems like it would be the most valuable way to spend my life. I mean, if I can't be a researcher, then I could help get them funding.

Anyway, do you guys know of some non-profits that are raising money for the sci cure?
    The Spinal cord Society is always looking for help

Quote Originally Posted by greatnorth View Post
    The Spinal cord Society is always looking for help
    Thanks!
    I was injured 2 weeks after my 16th birthday on June 14th, 2004. My level of injury is C5 complete, but I can move my wrist.

My screen name comes from the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Dr. Young's research and clinical trials- http://keck.rutgers.edu/