Thread: Need help getting started with PA Independence Waiver

Need help getting started with PA Independence Waiver

My Home and Community based waiver application is in final stage for approval at PA Chester County Assistance Office. I have been selected for Independence waiver.

Can you please advice me on the strategy while developing the ISP (Individual Service Plan). Is there anything I should be aware of and carefully with the ISP process?

Also I'm asked to choose a Service Coordinator for the waiver program and do you have any recommendation for providers in SE region.

Any help on getting started with the Independence waiver program will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

I am in the Act 150 Waiver Program (PA). I have been involved with this particular program since 1995. If this is the type of waiver program you are inquiring about, I would be glad to help you as much as I can. I did not want to waste your time going into any details, if this is not what you're talking about. Let me know if you need any suggestions/guidance. It's a very overwhelming lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by tinern View Post
    I am in the Act 150 Waiver Program (PA). I have been involved with this particular program since 1995. If this is the type of waiver program you are inquiring about, I would be glad to help you as much as I can. I did not want to waste your time going into any details, if this is not what you're talking about. Let me know if you need any suggestions/guidance. It's a very overwhelming lifestyle.

Thanks for your response. I'm currently into Independence Waiver but eventually will end up in Act 150 Waiver after a bit success in my career. I would like to know any much detail about any of these waiver programs such as choosing Service Coordination Agency, self/agency directed model, co-payment etc. Any of your information would be very helpful. Thanks again.

I had intake process for planning ISP for my PA Independence Waiver services. The SC (service coordinator) told be that Agency Model cannot be used for BP (Bowel Program) due to restrictions. I was asked to consider Consumer/PPL model for the BP. But I'm not comfortable with latter due to all hassles involved in hiring/training PCA etc. Please advice me with best possible solutions and ideas to manage BP using waiver services. Thanks.

That particular need (BP) is a bit of a gray area in personal care definition standards. If you currently have caregivers, you may be able to speak with them directly about your need. They may be willing to help you with this need privately. I completely agree with you in regards to working with the PPL model. Recruitment could be exhausting.