Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procrit

Where are you in Massachusetts? I had incompetent care for pressure sores here in western mass. Finally went to Boston (Brigham and Women's Hospital). I had to up my hematocrit and remember IV treatment to up some blood levels(can't remember specifics) before allowed to have flap surgery.(Also almost 40 years post spinal tumor)

Quote Originally Posted by LMG View Post
    Where are you in Massachusetts? I had incompetent care for pressure sores here in western mass. Finally went to Boston (Brigham and Women's Hospital). I had to up my hematocrit and remember IV treatment to up some blood levels(can't remember specifics) before allowed to have flap surgery.(Also almost 40 years post spinal tumor)
    Wow, sounds like my story. Originally treated at MGH in 1965. Over the years in just about every hospital in the area, with variable results. The most persistent problem has been these damned pressure ulcers, which have gotten more recalcitrant with age. Currently going to BWH (Dr. Orgill for plastic surgery, and hematologists for the anemia).

I use a ROHO quadtro, I've found it the best for pressure control, though maintenance is a pain. I have an Invacare IVC electric bed that I'm very happy with, and a jury-rigged trapeze. The AP/LOL mattress is a Span America Protocol, very good for transfers but terrible for pressure relief. Don't let me get started on specialty mattresses and the delusions is of DME suppliers.