View Poll Results: Supra pubic vs urethral cath your experience

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have suprapubic after urethral and hate it

0 0%
  • Have suprapubic after urethral and love it

2 100.00%
  • Had suprapubic and changed to mitrofanoff or mitrofanoff and augment or botox

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: urethral catheter popping out: is suprapubic a good solution

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I am not sure what the Australian guidelines on catheters are. Sorry that I can not be of more help on that one.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

ckf
    I understand that the original poster on this thread is from Australia, but "mrsea1" is talking about using Poiesis Duette catheters, likely only available in the United States, referencing an online store that probably delivers only to the United States and references Medicare, that is only a United States government program.

That said, I will assert my premise again, my understanding and guidelines my catheter supplier follows is Medicare covers 1 (one) foley catheter per month whether for indwelling urethral or supra pubic use.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I understand that the original poster on this thread is from Australia, but "mrsea1" is talking about using Poiesis Duette catheters, likely only available in the United States, referencing an online store that probably delivers only to the United States and references Medicare, that is only a United States government program.

That said, I will assert my premise again, my understanding and guidelines my catheter supplier follows is Medicare covers 1 (one) foley catheter per month whether for indwelling urethral or supra pubic use.

All the best,
    GJ
    Hi, I'm in the US and have medicare as my primary. I receive three catheters per month and change bi-monthly.

Miss September, I have similar issues and am contemplating making the same change. Very interested on what you decide.

This company will ship the Duette catheters internationally. http://www.discountcatheters.com/poi...catheter-16-fr

And, I found this to be cheapest, if in the U.S. They offer free shipping if you make a $25.00 purchase. http://www.shoplet.com/Poiesis-Medic...FUM9gQodm00P5A

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
    Hi, I'm in the US and have medicare as my primary. I receive three catheters per month and change bi-monthly.
    Here is the Edgepark statement of coverage at this website: https://www.edgepark.com/inc_cath
    Did you doctor provide a statement of medical necessity to get extra catheters covered by Medicare for you?

All the best,
    GJ
    Attached Images Attached Images