Thread: Curious about a Marathon Plus tyre

Question Curious about a Marathon Plus tyre

Further to my Spinergy wheels.
    This effect on the inner sidewall of one has me mildly puzzled.
    I was told by the supplier that it was 'mold marks' and, effectively, of no consequence.
    Is it something that may give cause for concern about the longevity of the tyre?
    Or is it common enough and just indicative of a dirty mold?

I think you inspect your tires closer than I do. That said, unfortunately the newest version of the MP tire isn't what it once was. I have another thread where I discuss it does not roll well and I have seen others report it doesn't hold up well. Very disappointing because the prior model rolled far better and wore very well.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

It's just the one tyre. If it is Schwalbe QC, should I count my blessings?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I think you inspect your tires closer than I do. That said, unfortunately the newest version of the MP tire isn't what it once was. I have another thread where I discuss it does not roll well and I have seen others report it doesn't hold up well. Very disappointing because the prior model rolled far better and wore very well.
    Likely that I do Brian and will continue to do so while my old peepers are capable
    If it is new stock and they are mold damage/marks then to allow a tyre to proceed to sale is p... poor quality control; new 2nd should be its classification.

I call that a defect. I would want a replacement and I think they should have offered and you should not have to ask. These tires are not cheap so I want top quality. I have never had tires that had mold marks, I assume they are talking about marks from the tire mold and to me that says they did not come out of the mold just right. Poor quality control