Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hope for chronics

Lollymack.com

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I would be quite surprised to learn that they've met with the FDA for an IND and only have one small experiment remaining before launching a human trial.
    Thanks for the clarification, Grammy. As usual my hope for an imminent clinical trial that would help me with moving better has been dashed. Seems more and more likely that we'll have to go outside of the U.S. for that to happen! A cousin who's husband with severe MS went to Tijuana for stem cell treatment, company based in LA, and it got rid of his diabetes and let his paralyzed jaw work for a few weeks. That was 3 yrs ago and 40,000 dollars.....

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, Grammy. As usual my hope for an imminent clinical trial that would help me with moving better has been dashed. Seems more and more likely that we'll have to go outside of the U.S. for that to happen! A cousin who's husband with severe MS went to Tijuana for stem cell treatment, company based in LA, and it got rid of his diabetes and let his paralyzed jaw work for a few weeks. That was 3 yrs ago and 40,000 dollars.....

But you're saying that it worked to cure diabetes? Wouldn't that type of news be pretty huge?

Sorry to stray from topic, buuuuuut
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    More like $8-10 million and four years for a clinical trial ��
    An oral drug takes double that money and about 15yrs if not more.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    But you're saying that it worked to cure diabetes?
    This article says there are no stem cells for curing diabetes yet. LINK

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    This article says there are no stem cells for curing diabetes yet. LINK
    I was kinda saying that sarcasticly or tongue-in-cheek or whatever
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    An oral drug takes double that money and about 15yrs if not more.
    Generalizations can set valid expectations or can be grossly misleading. For example, a new oral drug for headaches would certainly take many years in clinical trials. However, a cure for the Zika virus might only take only a few months. It depends on whether other treatments are available and the severity of the illness.

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post

If you believe in their research type Reeve-Irvine into your Amazonsmile account, with a few friends and family it probably would not take long to get a couple hundred thousand.
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted View Post
    OK,my preference has always been questionable...but...who's the blond..!? My God, look at her hair! she's absolutely gorgeous!
    Simple !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    keep (rolling) Walking