Thread: Electric wheelchair reviews

Electric wheelchair reviews

I'm wanting information on electric wheelchair reviews, I currently have PerMobil M300 with the 3G Corpus seating system. I've had this care for four years and I'm not really happy with a couple of problems on it.

1: the joystick is too long and it's hard for me to push the buttons, power Button is at the top of the stick

2: even though the armrest flips back out of the way making it convenient, however you cannot take it off.
    3: the floor to the top of my head as he increase about an inch or so making it very difficult to get into my Van

The chair I had before he is was an Invacare TDX-SP

There were only two problems I had this care
    1: the front wheel travel would not go up small thresholds, I can turn around and back in just fine
    2: the tilt mechanism did not go all the way back allowing me to have a full pressure release

The chair before that was a Quickie P200

I had no complaints with this care that was totally awesome! I used to just get up get adjusted and go about my day, but after my sacrum flap surgery I can't not had a tilt function to that chair. I used a set of MK gel cell batteries group 24 for 10 years!

That is the three I just owned, I might be looking at getting a new chair and would like any ideas on a mid wheel drive Chair
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Regarding point (1), that it is hard to reach the power button, Permobil makes a toggle switch addition to a joystick that mounts between the controller and the seat control toggles. It's often easier to reach than the power button at the top of the controller. In general, they have a large number of controller/joystick configurations and add-ons.

You can also check out this website: http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by crppled007 View Post
    The chair before that was a Quickie P200

I had no complaints with this care that was totally awesome! I used to just get up get adjusted and go about my day, but after my sacrum flap surgery I can't not had a tilt function to that chair. I used a set of MK gel cell batteries group 24 for 10 years!
    If you think you would still want a chair like this, you can get the Quickie P-222SE. If you want more seating options than Quickie has, then you can add an Amysystems seating system to this chair.
    http://amysystems.com/amyseat-power-...oning-systems/
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by xsfxsf View Post
    Regarding point (1), that it is hard to reach the power button, Permobil makes a toggle switch addition to a joystick that mounts between the controller and the seat control toggles. It's often easier to reach than the power button at the top of the controller. In general, they have a large number of controller/joystick configurations and add-ons.
    I do have a button for the controls so I could switch the mode from the indoor, outdoor and seating positions. Although we've tried everything to get it to stay on the side of the stick But it will not stay so I had it in my lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    If you think you would still want a chair like this, you can get the Quickie P-222SE. If you want more seating options than Quickie has, then you can add an Amysystems seating system to this chair.
    http://amysystems.com/amyseat-power-...oning-systems/
    I did look into the P-222SE, it's just the turning radius Was a little more that I wanted. The Amy system's looks really interesting I'll look into it more. Thanks for the other lakes I'll check those out as well
    C4 incomplete since 1985

I currently have the TDX-SP (absolutely insulted by brand name! Could you see anyone starting that brand in 2016??!!). How are you supposed to flip the footrest up if your legs don't work? My old insurance company delivered it nine months after a quadriplegic MS flare and six months after I was back up on a walker so it's sat unused for years. Hated to accept delivery but didn't trust them to get it right the next time. Pretty sure I'm due for a new one. Any suggestions? I'm new to needing powerchair. I assume articulating footrests would let me raise my legs without compressing them against the fixed footrest? I cannot sit with legs bent or they stay that way. Are there brands and features that let you reach things better or not tear up the house so much? My three-wheeled scooter was SO much more mobile.

No respect to KLD but Mark Smith is pretty much a shill for Pride, that is "my" opinion only.

We crips have so many varied abilities and disabilities it is literally almost impossible to make a chair that suits everyone. The same applies to the base unit that powers the chair. The accepted way of legalizing the General manufacture of these things is done by committee. This is an impossible situation. Most dealers.Vendors of these powered chairs know next to nothing about setting these things up, the batteries that are so necessary for the power to the motors or the actual controls that can make or not make them work properly. We in numbers are so few members of our national society we are from most corporate views not worth the effort. The efforts that are made in 99% of reinventing mobility machines are generally useless or beyond the financial abilities of most probable users.

As a pretty general opinion a chair that is likely found to be excellent by "me" for instance, may be considered a "piece of junk" to the reader Another thing a chair that is an everyday useful unit, mostly indoors, and where very close conditions exist. are usually originally programmed to be very hesitant and difficult to control, speed is infinitely controllable if the user is taught to use them properly which most vendors cannot do. So one chair is not a "fitsall" And a true "fitsall" does not, and probably never will, exist.

My next point is "you" the user needs to learn everything you can about electronic controls, batteries, and whatever particular additions added to the basic unit. and at least be able to direct the repair or revisions "YOU" desire be made to "your" chair. Unfortunately your vendor will not do such things and he will use the promise of loss of (a basically worthless) warantee to deny you, the service you think you want, and if you do it yourself, they will often refuse to ever assist you in th future . Just my opinione