Thread: Meds making me jittery and shaking

Meds making me jittery and shaking

Long story short I was on the max does of Gabapentin and tramadol for years, while taking percocet as needed when it got really bad. I cut my dose down signifincantly a few years ago. However, over the last four months I have worked my way totally off of them both, but still taking the Percocet. After about 8 hours after taking the percocet, my body gets really jittery and restless and I can't stay still, I just have to keep moving. This keeps me awake at night most of the time unless I take a percocet right before bed. What i'm experiencing used to happen with my tramadol but it has been out of my system for three weeks, so i guess its the percocet. Will this eventually stop and if so how long will it take?

How are you doing now since it has been 9 weeks later?

pbr

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    How are you doing now since it has been 9 weeks later?

pbr
    I was eventually able to get off the Percocet as well, and the jitteriness/shaking eventually went away but it took about a month with no meds in my system for the withdrawal symptoms to stop, which was way longer than I expected. The pain is a little worse than being on all the meds but not enough to justify the side effects. Thanks for checking.