Thread: save your compressor

save your compressor

I have a battery operated compressor and the battery died. I took it apart, moved a couple wires and now it works straight off the cigarette lighter socket in the car. It won't work off the AC adapter though.
    might save your compressor.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    I have a battery operated compressor and the battery died. I took it apart, moved a couple wires and now it works straight off the cigarette lighter socket in the car. It won't work off the AC adapter though. might save your compressor.
    Good idea baldfatdad
    My Campbell Hausefeld came with my chair, complete with a flat knackered battery. I pulled the battery to charge and check, near gave myself a hernia in the process .
    I checked out the price for a replacement; had a think on that and decided to use it without a battery.
    Reasoning? The compressor didn't warrant the battery replacement cost, also, the battery would likely seriously deteriorate of old age between uses anyway. The recharge times were ridiculously long and my car is always at hand if I need to use this unit. Best of all it is so much lighter to haul about without the battery.
    I made up some extended cables that comfortably reach the car battery. I had thought of the cigarette lighter socket but figured the current draw may exceed a safe limit.
    Now to find a suitable hose connection where I don't lose half my tyre air pressure on release
    Last edited by slow_runner; 07-30-2016 at 08:27 AM.

silicone the connector and valve stems or just spit on them. drill a small hole in the release lever of the connector and put a sturdy piece of nylon line through it tied in a loop. makes it easier to yake the thing off.