Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep

There are medicines that should help your brian. Risperadone is on that I am on.

It took me six months to work out some sleep patterns after Zopiclone (shift worker). It's recommended not to take it longer than ten years due to memory problems.

Have you ever tried just plain ole Melatonin from your local drug store? 10mg oughta do it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I have been scared to mix presciptions with vitamins. I took two zopiclone and slept good last night. Melatonin may be worth a try.

my doctor told me to stop taking sleeping pills because it is not good for you and he said it will take 1 week to get into right pattern. When I stopped taking them I slept about 2-3 hours a night for two weeks but the strange thing I was not tired and actually I had more energy. It seemed like the pills put tons of weight on you and make you feel tired all the time. If you stop taking them don't sleep during the day and force yourself to get into a pattern of certain time at night.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    my doctor told me to stop taking sleeping pills because it is not good for you and he said it will take 1 week to get into right pattern. When I stopped taking them I slept about 2-3 hours a night for two weeks but the strange thing I was not tired and actually I had more energy. It seemed like the pills put tons of weight on you and make you feel tired all the time. If you stop taking them don't sleep during the day and force yourself to get into a pattern of certain time at night.
    And limiting blue light exposure is essential.

All the best,
    GJ

Melatonin has been a life changer for me! I take 30 or 40 mg. Totally agree with Mac85 on the indica too

stevegalliazzo and lynnifer,

Thanks for the information. I do presently take 10 mg of melatonin a night along with 40 mg of Baclofen and still have trouble. However, within the past week or so adding 2 Alleve tablets to my night time medicines has brought about 2 nights of near solid sleep. The only times I have woke up is when I needed to be cathed. I'm going to try this for a few more nights to see if this is the final answer. If it is, then I need to see what the long term effects of taking the daiy max. dose of Alleve.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident