Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best standing frame for Quads?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by luigi91377:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phil:
    Originally posted by luigi91377:
    Originally posted by Saorsa:
    I'm a C5/6 complete with no tricep function. Would the glider's arm action still work for me?
    Saorsa,

I think that the 6000 glider will be lil' dificul in begining, on the other hand that's why you need a 6000 glider so that you can gradualy build up your triceps vs the other standers where you gonna be all passive.
    You can start out by locking your elbows, which it will strengthen your delts., shoulders, triceps,& so on.....
    Luigi, no matter how hard you exercise, if the muscle is not innervated, it's not going to work - Saorsa is C5/6 Complete _with no triceps_
    ------------------------------------------

AO

I was speaking from my experience, that my triceps have recovered to a 4+ left, 5 on the right since I work on the glider, if my case is an exception then I think on other people at least the shoulders,& deltoits will definitly get stronger, plus other parts.
    Luigi.

-----------------------------------------------

Saorsa - I'm C6/7 Complete with only one weakish tricep and I can push the handles fine. The side with triceps is obviously easier but the other side compensates by using the shoulders.
    AO.

Originally posted by Meg:

Do you really have to have the ability to transfer independently as a quad to be able to use the glider 6000?

Anyone over 6 ft. using one, at at least a C5/6 injury level using one?

Dennis is 6'2 about 185 pounds, he cannot transfer independently at all.
    ----------------------------------------------

Meg,

It is always good to be able to transfer on your own but, not everyone can do it in the begining, regardless weather is wheelchair, bed, glider, car or whatever...as long as Denis has someone to help him with transfers its all good he needs to work out his muscles, then later he will start to transfer on his own, as transfering is part of work out anyway, Denis will not be able to transfer unless he keeps on trying then it's one obsticle less.
    PS. This is from my experience.

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

Saorsa, we have a standing frame that we do not use anymore because Chad's wheelchair stands him up. Chad is a C4 complete so his frame would be compatible with your lack of arm function. PM me if you would like to have this for the cost of shipping it to you. It's old, but still works fine. (edited to add: I'll ask Chad tonight what type/brand it is, I don't know off hand what it is, and I'm at work and can't just go look, it's at home in the shed)

Ami

I have a standing wheel chair I use as my own chair, it feels good to stand I use it all the time in the warehouse at work and its nice to use in the kitchen. I'm a para but they make chairs for quads. I used it when I got married in October to stand at our ceremony it was nice. Here is there web site. www.standingcompany.com

Back to work finally

Sorry the web site is www.Standing Company.com

Back to work finally

As a C-5 complete, would I be able to do the arm movements in an Easystand 6000?

Alan

There's a fungus among us, and I'm not lichen it!

Originally posted by alan:

As a C-5 complete, would I be able to do the arm movements in an Easystand 6000?

Alan

Hey Alan
    where there's a will there's a way,
    you just gotta give it a shot.
    I know two C5 SCI who can pushin the 6000 glider.

There's a fungus among us, and I'm not lichen it!
    every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

Zillazangel,

Do you still have your son's standing frame? My son is a C6 & C7 complete, 2 years post injury. I am looking for one for him. His birth father lives in Winston Salem, NC. If you still have it we would be very interested in it. Also, how did you go about getting your son a standing wheelchair. Email me at artjoshdonna@multipro.com.

Luigi,

I am interested in a half price Glider 6000. Email me at artjoshdonna@multipro.com

Originally posted by Nurse Donna:

Zillazangel,

Do you still have your son's standing frame? My son is a C6 & C7 complete, 2 years post injury. I am looking for one for him. His birth father lives in Winston Salem, NC. If you still have it we would be very interested in it. Also, how did you go about getting your son a standing wheelchair. Email me at artjoshdonna@multipro.com.
    Emailed you Donna, and Chad got his standing wheelchair through his insurance (we had to pay a 20% copay - which is alot on a $29K wheelchair!!). Check your email.

Ami