Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best standing frame for Quads?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best standing frame for Quads?

I haven't been stood upright since 1996 and I really want to get a standing frame now that I have more time. Which are the best? Any suggestions?

Thank you

"I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

I can't remember your level of injury, but if you have any use of your arms at all, you might want to consider a glider instead. This is the one we recommend: Easy Stand 6000

Otherwise, we like the same company's standing frame: Easy Stand 5000

(KLD)

stand aid. i have the one w/ as jack and hand pump. very simple, very sturdy

Saorsa

The glider 6000 is the best standing frame for quads, where u can also work out while you standing, check out the www.easystand.com

PS. Dont worry about the price, I got a friend who can hook you up for almost half price of what you see in there.
    Lugi.
    My email: luigi91377@yahoo.com

I'm a C5/6 complete with no tricep function. Would the glider's arm action still work for me?

Originally posted by Saorsa:

I'm a C5/6 complete with no tricep function. Would the glider's arm action still work for me?

Saorsa,

I think that the 6000 glider will be lil' dificul in begining, on the other hand that's why you need a 6000 glider so that you can gradualy build up your triceps vs the other standers where you gonna be all passive.
    You can start out by locking your elbows, which it will strengthen your delts., shoulders, triceps,& so on.....

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

You could also call rehab centers in your area and find out if they have one you could try. If not I think the easystand people will bring one to your house for you to test.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by luigi91377:

Saorsa,

I think that the 6000 glider will be lil' dificul in begining, on the other hand that's why you need a 6000 glider so that you can gradualy build up your triceps vs the other standers where you gonna be all passive.
    You can start out by locking your elbows, which it will strengthen your delts., shoulders, triceps,& so on.....
    Luigi, no matter how hard you exercise, if the muscle is not innervated, it's not going to work - Saorsa is C5/6 Complete with no triceps - just thought I'd point that out.

Saorsa - I'm C6/7 Complete with only one weakish tricep and I can push the handles fine. The side with triceps is obviously easier but the other side compensates by using your shoulders.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Phil:

Originally posted by luigi91377:
    Saorsa,

Luigi, no matter how hard you exercise, if the muscle is not innervated, it's not going to work - Saorsa is C5/6 Complete _with no triceps_ - just thought I'd point that out.
    ------------------------------------------

AO

I was speaking from my experience, that my triceps have recovered to a 4+ left, 5 on the right since I work on the glider, if my case is an exception then I think on other people at least the shoulders,& deltoits will definitly get stronger, plus other parts.
    Saorsa - I'm C6/7 Complete with only one weakish tricep and I can push the handles fine. The side with triceps is obviously easier but the other side compensates by using your shoulders.

Good luck.
    every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

Do you really have to have the ability to transfer independently as a quad to be able to use the glider 6000?

Anyone over 6 ft. using one, at at least a C5/6 injury level using one?

Dennis is 6'2 about 185 pounds, he cannot transfer independently at all.