For many years (more than 20) I had almost zero catheter clogging issues. Then, within the last year or so, I began getting more UTIs and then more catheter clogging. It got really bad for a while ? where I previously would change my superpubic Foley maybe once every 3 to 6 months, I was having to change it a couple of times every week. Couldn't figure out why (and also couldn't figure out why stools were not formed ... though it seems more apparent now).

For more than 25 years I had shunned antibiotics as much as possible, using them only when UTIs got really bad. This works very well, by the way. My immune system was fantastic. But then due to a series of events I began getting UTIs more often and more severely. So I was on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics. Well, apparently the yogurt was not enough to replace the good normal flora in my intestines, and it was causing more problems than I ever thought would result. Surprisingly, but happily, daily probiotics have resolved both the clogging and the more frequent UTI issues!