Thread: changing my 507/24 rear wheels to 559/26 in wheels what else should change???

changing my 507/24 rear wheels to 559/26 in wheels what else should change???

So I have decided that I would like the bigger wheel currently run a 507 rim with 62-507 tires to give an overall 24in

want to go to 559 rim with a 62-559 tire to give overall 26 inch

I know the seat height will change and actually I would like to keep the higher seat,
    so wondering do all I need to do then is put larger casters on the front and i'm good to go???

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teacher2sped View Post
    so wondering do all I need to do then is put larger casters on the front and i'm good to go???thanks
    Depending on the size of your current casters, you might need longer forks for large enough casters if your chair can't adjust to the new rear seat height. And check for sufficient caster clearance at your footrest. Of course brakes will need adjusting.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

What chair (brand & model)?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    + what's your current rear and front seat height. You're going to be lifting the axle up a few inches so depending on dump, your seat pan and axle may clash... that's my limiting factor.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    What chair (brand & model)?

Ti Lite ZRA...Front seat height 21, rear seat height 19.5, front wheel 4in x 1.5, forks glide suspension

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    top of the axle will be in the 13 - 14.5" range so you have plenty of room under your seat pan. Do you have extra holes in your caster forks so you can drop the casters down lower, maybe even go with larger casters, but be careful that the larger casters don't clash with your footplate when they spin round, if the clearances are tight with your current casters you probably won't be able to increase the caster size without causing more problems.

Thanks I never even noticed the holes to drop casters down, so I am thinking drop down to the bottom hole, currently on middle and upsize to 5 in caster should cover the difference from 24 current to the 26 I want, and give me just a little more height to reach things??