Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Moved: assisted suicide discussion

  1. #1

    Moved: assisted suicide discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Good luck with the Enemeez. I couldn't transition from Magic Bullets to Enemeez, even after receiving two rounds of free samples.

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ets-to-Enemeez

    All the best,
    GJ
    Thank you! I’ve been busy arguing with my psychiatrist about why doctors can’t assist people sane in mind, broken in body to commit suicide. She said it’s because of the first do not harm clause, but I’ve read that truly doesn’t exist in the Hippocratic Oath.

    Why assisted? Why should I be forced to repaint my wall with my brains by using a gun? It’s a terrible mess to leave behind and it’s not 100% effective.

    I’ve even spoke to my father about going to Sweden or Switzerland. Let’s just say we have very different views on the subject. I understand it in a way, he doesn’t want to lose his only child. However, if I’m that unhappy and the life I want cannot be had in my condition, then delaying the inevitable seems futile.


  2. #2
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    You may not have to go that far. Canada has approved assisted suicide though we're still fighting about who would get it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  3. #3
    As of June 9, California has a medically assisted suicide law for patients who are considered "terminal," but there are various hoops you need to jump through to get there.

    That said, I'm not sure how, in 18 posts, we jumped from a thread about "changes in bowel function" to assisted suicide.

    Todd, I've been on the Care Cure Community for many years as have you, off and on. I hope you can find some assistance either here or with medical professionals that will help you through this time of crisis.

    All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-06-2016 at 11:33 PM.

  4. #4
    Be very careful what you say to health professionals. The state can incarcerate you if there is reason to believe you will hurt yourself. Do not think they are there to help.

  5. #5
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    That said, I'm not sure how, in 18 posts, we jumped from a thread about "changes in bowel function" to assisted suicide.
    That's the magic of Le Todd! lol He has quite a fantastic, yet morbid, sense of humour. Or HUMOR for the Americanos.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    You may not have to go that far. Canada has approved assisted suicide though we're still fighting about who would get it.
    Fuck yeah!


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlevy View Post
    Be very careful what you say to health professionals. The state can incarcerate you if there is reason to believe you will hurt yourself. Do not think they are there to help.
    I heed your words. I don?t know where the hell they?d put me. Ideally, some place with a lot of sedatives.

    I?ve been very honest with my psychiatrist. I?m not actively suicidal, plus I have a dog to live for, but I want the option to have a doctor assist me with dying, but because I provide all those assholes with monetary gain, I doubt it. End of life care costs insurance companies millions. They love profiting off the suffering.


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hampstead NC
    Posts
    1,099
    Le Todd, it seems as though you are simply looking ahead, not the present. Unfortunately some very well meaning people have very overactive imaginations, and transpose your thoughts to today. Perhaps one day tour wish will become a reality, I don't know. You do know that if you use any illegal means to end your own life, your life insurance if you have any, can renege on paying off such a policy. I do not know if that is important to any one here. But I have paid into a policy for 60 years, same company same policy. My grandchildren would lose a small fortune if "I" were to do such a thing.

  9. #9
    I believe most suicide clauses expire in two years. But Todd think of the dog! :-) -ket

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    That said, I'm not sure how, in 18 posts, we jumped from a thread about "changes in bowel function" to assisted suicide.
    GJ
    It makes perfect sense to me the whole bowel care nonsenseand suicide could not be closer related! I think for a lot of people they do and frankly should go hand-in-hand! That's just me, and I have to get it done to me on a daily basis by other people,One time my best friend! so there's that

Similar Threads

  1. Assisted suicide your opinion?
    By JamesMcM in forum Life
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 01:40 PM
  2. Assisted suicide.
    By JamesMcM in forum Life
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 01:42 PM
  3. Assisted Suicide
    By gettinup now in forum Life
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 04:03 PM
  4. Physician assisted suicide
    By whiterabbit11 in forum Life
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-28-2002, 08:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •